iphones

garviso8

Elite Member
anybody ever sell an iPhone on e-bay that doesn't work. i found an iPhone 10 buried in the wet sand at the beach looks pretty good, some minor scratches no broken glass or dents but wont power on these things are pretty pricey brand new. any thoughts?

If you find a phone, dry it out in a container with silica gel beads for about 24 hours. Then, take it out and try turning it on, silica gel beads soak up all the water in the phone.

If you find a phone, dry it out in a container with silica gel beads for about 24 hours. Then, take it out and try turning it on, silica gel beads soak up all the water in the phone.

Never worked on any i found in the ocean. As soon as the salt touches electronic phones the battery lets loose. Not saying it wont work on over 1 out of 100? But that is likely the ratio.

I sell phones all the time, just make sure you put "water damaged" in the title, you don't have to say salt water...

Get a usb to lightning connector cable - plug it in to a usb charger and see if it lights up. If it does, it ain’t dead. iPhone 10’s are waterproof

Get a usb to lightning connector cable - plug it in to a usb charger and see if it lights up. If it does, it ain’t dead. iPhone 10’s are waterproof
Rick I did that. If its down long enough something's gonna give. I'll bet that whatever charges that can go bad in water is self-contained from the rest of the phone.

you used to be able to sell any iPhone in any condition and get say $200 to $300,,,,now, it must be one of the new XR10 and they WILL pay,,,,,I just found one last week a foot deep in sand in the water and worked just perfectly and got $310 for,,,,pay day,,,,better than an average gold band,,,,,there are a few sites that buy phones and other electronics,,,check each one for the highest pay out and the process is simple, they email a shipping label and you get paid either paypal or check in about a week,,,,GL HH

I guess I won’t be turning them over to the lifeguard any longer.

Why not ? Don't you think the lifeguards need the $ from their own ebay sales of phones that you give them ? How could you be so rude and heartless ? :laughing:

iPhones are a tough sell. Locked screens , find my phone app , no chips , etc. They blow ! I prefer the androids , specifically the Samsungs. 7s and 8s , I get $50-$80 beat up. Clean ones $250-$375. But... it's not the phones ! It's the memory cards that are bank. Like a lost wallet : they don't care about the cash in them. They want the I'D s , cards , etc. Memory cards = downloads and photos , sometimes these aren't backed up and people will pay a small fortune ! Wedding pictures or compromising pics are my favorites.

Your welcome , The KOB

You could also try to get it repaired at one of those pop up shops...

might get more for it that way, but then again if it's reported lost, it's tougher to use it

Back
Top Bottom