A very unexspected knife a first. A gold looking bracelet

Bracelet looks nice, the knife not so... But like everyone says, we do not choose to find what we find, things turn up.

Just to play devils advocate, if it's bad karma, why would you sell it and not throw it away?

On another note, I was trying to get an idea of age, googled it, and I can't believe the amount of knives there were. Some Barlow knives those would be 1970's-1990's. Just scratch my head that there is still enough members to produce knives and other propaganda.

I see your point...it's valid.. I said it because it's in your possession now and you have choices of what to do with it.. you'd probably get complaints from eBay anyway..it's so shocking to find I don't know what I would have done.. definitely unique though

Congrats on the gold!

As offensive as it can be, history is what it is and it's not all good. I'm against trying to wipe the parts that aren't popular. I prefer to try to get the context and learn from it, even when it involves people like that.

That's an awesome bracelet, and like it or not, a rare knife.

It's something that I'd end up keeping because of its rarity, but as others have said, not display it. I personally wouldn't sell it in part due to not wanting it to fall into the "wrong" hands.

Here's hoping that bracelet is the real thing.

And the knife? Very, very, odd indeed.

R5

I see your point...it's valid.. I said it because it's in your possession now and you have choices of what to do with it.. you'd probably get complaints from eBay anyway..it's so shocking to find I don't know what I would have done.. definitely unique though

Here is another odd story. My wife's side, still has a farm that has been in the family since shortly after the civil war. My Father in law who is in his 80's showed me a trunk, at the bottom of this trunk was a robe, hood and book that belonged to his father. The conundrum is what the family should do with it. No one wants to sell it, no one wants to keep it and no one wants to destroy it.

:dingding:Great score on the bracelet! Did you look for any markings on the bracelet? There might be a tiny one hidden somewhere.

^^^ I found a chain that looked tarnished in some areas, so I threw it in my junk pile. Months later, I acid test one of the areas that looked and it was 10k. I took a loop to the retractable clasp and sure enough, stamped 10k.

R5

Wow! That knife was definitely not what I was expecting. That’s an eye popper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I wasn't what I expected either. In fact I was shocked. Found it under a walk way to the beach.

Looks like gold to me! Great find! Very unique knife!

The gold looked good but failed the acid test. The knife was indeed a unique find.

Good luck on the gold test. That could be a very nice score. The knife? Well, um, interesting find alright, but I guess it's a good thing the original owner lost it...'cause it ain't cool.

Nice bracelet, don't carry that knife around too long, could get you in trouble with having that in your possession. Might be better to put it back where it came from.. LOL

Thanks for the good wishes on the bracelet but it's plated. As for the knife a differant find for sure. And the not cool part for the kkk I agree. But the find was cool. Thanks for looking anyway.

Fun find. Not one I'd make my normal carrier though.
D I fferant to say the least. But i'll never carry it.

Those are both cool finds! That Klu Klux Klan one is probably a pretty rare find. Definitely a conversation piece. I think if we can show condom tins, Nazi relics, bullets, and nudi tokens, I think that this ought to be a safe enough place to show that knife. I've even posted a few pot pipes. :)

Skippy

Thanks Skippy. I said at the beginning it was intended to offend anyone. But it's bound to happen. It always does.

LOL. Thats a crazy knife! Probably a "Biggest A** hole of the year" award for their club. Still pretty cool. Sucks the bracelet failed the test. I bought an acid test kit for finds like that. The anticipation kills me and most places that will test them are closed when I go out.

Whoa...nice!
:cheers:

Thanks Walrus. I apreciate you looking and kind comments.

Gold looks like money to me!

Hey Nick. It looked good but after taking a jeweler's file to it and a little acid proved it to be plated.

We are diggers of history. The good,the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks Scooter. I don't get it. People don't understand when you try to erase the bad things in history your just providing opportunity to make the bad mistakes again. Thanks for looking.

Hopefully the bracelet checks out!

Bummer. It looked good but it's plated.

I'd sell that knife..get rid of it.. it's bad karma in my opinion.. nothing I would keep in my house or ever put on display.. people will make assumptions if you show it off outside of this forum..

Joe,
I said it was not meant to offend. I didn't make it. I don't promote it, I just found it. I put on the US Army uniform to defend the right of all Americans. Those I agree with and those I diagram with. As far as Karma goes. I think the pepole that try to erase our mistakes will only cause us to make them again. I agree we may have a differant view on Karma but my suggestion is study the history of America, put on a uniform and you'll see history through the glasses that prvoided you the freedom and right to be wrong. Thanks for looking and commenting. Good hunting.
dd

:dingding:Great score on the bracelet! Did you look for any markings on the bracelet? There might be a tiny one hidden somewhere. The KKK knife was a cool find as well.

Thanks Felix. It's become almost the norm around here that everything that looks gold is plated. But a good hunt anyway. Thanks Cat Man.
dd

The irony is that knife is probably stamped "made in china"

I would rub the lettering/markings off and toss it in my junk knife pile or give it to a kid

Last edited:
That knife has got to be quite valuable to a collector. If it is something you don't feel like keeping, or profiting from, then maybe a museum would appreciate it.

And I'm not saying that you should get rid of it or that you shouldn't profit from it! Any choice you make is perfectly fine with me!

Great finds, both of them!

Congratulations on your valuable bracelet and very unusual knife.

Penny

Thanks. I wish the bracelet was valuable but it failed the acid test after using a file to get under the plating. It's pretty but a copy.

The Gold looks great to me, Congrats. The Knife will differently be a great talking piece, it is unusual to say the least. Trapper

It was unexpected. I would have never thought I would have found a knife with the markings. Goes to show people take anything to the beach.

Thats probably a vintage knife, I bet its worth 20-40$

Don't know the value I haven't tried to look it up yet. But it will go into the safe deposit tomorrow.

Thats a really sweet looking bracelet! Gotta be 14k! Yes, and a knife of the likes we have never seen...
Thanks Puppy brother. Unfortunately the bracelet looks good but is another of my plated finds. Man they make them look so real. And I don't expect I will ever find another knife like it so even with the bad Karma I'm supposed to get. I'm going to keep it.:lol:

Just to play devils advocate, if it's bad karma, why would you sell it and not throw it away?

On another note, I was trying to get an idea of age, googled it, and I can't believe the amount of knives there were. Some Barlow knives those would be 1970's-1990's. Just scratch my head that there is still enough members to produce knives and other propaganda.

Hey Big Treble, The knife is made by the Falcon company. Not sure how common since I haven't done any research.

Those are some awesome finds. That’s an interesting knife. Hopefully that knife is old. I couldn’t imagine a knife maker making something like that now.
It looks old but in good condition. Made by the Falcon company, which I have never heard of before. I know a knife expert I'll take it to later. He lives in the middle of the state but I see him at gun shows sometimes.

Hope the bracelet is real gold .

Another heart breaker. Not gold just plated. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the nice gold and odd but interesting knife. Never know what you find in this hobby. Here is a link to one that sold for $40 at an auction little different coloring.

https://www.leonardauction.com/auctions/auction-catalog-detail/?auctionID=184&lotID=678

I would keep that and hide it in my odd finds box though if I were you since you not likely to ever see another...

Thanks for the link. You are right. I'm going to keep it. It's a part of our nations dark side that is also part of history.

Bracelet looks nice, the knife not so... But like everyone says, we do not choose to find what we find, things turn up.

While I don't agree at all with the KKK, I think it is a once in a life time find at least for me.

Congrats on the gold!

As offensive as it can be, history is what it is and it's not all good. I'm against trying to wipe the parts that aren't popular. I prefer to try to get the context and learn from it, even when it involves people like that.

Well said BA Cat. It's a shame when we can't learn from our mistakes so we don't repeat them. But there are those who choose to try to erase history they don't like.

That's an awesome bracelet, and like it or not, a rare knife.

It's something that I'd end up keeping because of its rarity, but as others have said, not display it. I personally wouldn't sell it in part due to not wanting it to fall into the "wrong" hands.

I really don't care what people think about display. I want display it. It will go into my safe deposit box. I have no use for the KKK, ACLU, or a number of other groups. But the knife is a interesting find that will stay with me.

Here's hoping that bracelet is the real thing.

And the knife? Very, very, odd indeed.

R5

Thanks Ra1der. The bracelet turned out to be plated. I'll give it to one of the kids in the neighborhood. The knife is such a rare find I have to keep it.

Here is another odd story. My wife's side, still has a farm that has been in the family since shortly after the civil war. My Father in law who is in his 80's showed me a trunk, at the bottom of this trunk was a robe, hood and book that belonged to his father. The conundrum is what the family should do with it. No one wants to sell it, no one wants to keep it and no one wants to destroy it.

Now that's conundrum for sure. I don't know, but I think I would keep it. You can hide it away like your ashamed. or use it to explain how bad prejudice is and all the harm it has done to society.

^^^ I found a chain that looked tarnished in some areas, so I threw it in my junk pile. Months later, I acid test one of the areas that looked and it was 10k. I took a loop to the retractable clasp and sure enough, stamped 10k.

R5

I wish mine would turn out that way.:lol:

I don't know the date Mike. The only marking is Falcon Company.

LOL. Thats a crazy knife! Probably a "Biggest A** hole of the year" award for their club. Still pretty cool. Sucks the bracelet failed the test. I bought an acid test kit for finds like that. The anticipation kills me and most places that will test them are closed when I go out.

I'm in agreement on the A ---club. I was raised in the Appalachian and Smokey Mountain area. I've seen there work and known a few of them when I was young. Don't think they are active there now. People got tired if the intimidation.

The irony is that knife is probably stamped "made in china"

I would rub the letter off and toss it in my junk knife pile or give it to a kid

It's not stamped made in China but very well may be made there. As far as rub it out and give it to a kid. No thanks.

That knife has got to be quite valuable to a collector. If it is something you don't feel like keeping, or profiting from, then maybe a museum would appreciate it.

And I'm not saying that you should get rid of it or that you shouldn't profit from it! Any choice you make is perfectly fine with me!

Great finds, both of them!

Thanks k2. I think I'll keep it. The value means nothing to me but the uniqueness of the find is priceless to me.

Unique find for sure! Nice score on the bracelet!

Thanks for stopping by and for the checking it out. The bracelet turned out to be a disappointment, it's plated. But that's ok. At least I found it.

Too bad the bracelets a faker, it sure looks good in the pics.
I'd keep the knife and display it. I could teach my grandkids to avoid prejudice when they notice it and to learn from history.
Nice hunt Dirtydog.

Back
Top Bottom