• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coinstar Jackpot - 30+ Silvers

I got 20 silvers out of Coinstar machines last year and thought I was doing good but this blows my 20 out of the water BIG TIME. This is by far the best Coinstar haul I've ever seen. Big Congrats to you for grabbing it.

amc_rulz... Trying to make out what the quarter-size coin is to the left of the Merc dime at the bottom left of the photo. The pic is not sharp enough to make out. Looks like stars around the outer perimeter. Is it silver?

Using the free COINFLATION APP, I calculate you have, at minimum, at least $86 dollars in silver melt value there. Wow !

Jim

amc_rulz... Trying to make out what the quarter-size coin is to the left of the Merc dime at the bottom left of the photo. The pic is not sharp enough to make out. Looks like stars around the outer perimeter. Is it silver?

Using the free COINFLATION APP, I calculate you have, at minimum, at least $86 dollars in silver melt value there. Wow !

Jim
Token.

Attachments

• C8BDCBEE-ABB9-4147-822E-B90083CFC2B6.jpg
    C8BDCBEE-ABB9-4147-822E-B90083CFC2B6.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 0E129A81-61DA-4F68-942F-852207E12589.jpg
    0E129A81-61DA-4F68-942F-852207E12589.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 112
Way back when,I used a Coinstar for the first time. There was so much NOISE and clinging and clanging going on that until a penny hit my FOOT because it bounced out of the reject tray,I didn’t know the reject tray even existed! I think this is what happens to people using it for the first time,or even subsequent times because they don’t even know it’s there. They assume the machine will count the money and give them a receipt for it,and they walk away.

Yea man when your pouring in coins and the machine is doing it's thing, a lot of noise is generated and the clanking going on in the return tray can be completely drowned out.

Awesome haul amc rulz, congrats!!!!

I'm in the UK....what is a coinstar?

UK version anywhere?

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Its a machine usually found at Walmarts and grocery stores where you can dump your loose change in it and it will sort it out and print you a receipt that you can cash in. The machine charges a fee for the service, around here in SoCal it's up the 11%. The machine rejects silver and foreign coins. The return trey at the bottom is where to check for rejected silvas ;)

Attachments

• coinstar.jpg
    coinstar.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 99
:shock::shock::shock:
OK, first...huge congratulations!
-maybe your daughter will think twice next time you make a suggestion like that.
-At my local auction prices, I think you have well over $100 worth there. :shock:
-I've watched a few people now putting coins into Coinstar machines. They always stand up close to the machine. They can hear the coins being processed, but the reject ray is down by their knees. If they stood back a little, they might hear that too, but they never do. Some people look for a reject tray, some already know about the reject tray, but others just walk away. I guess the thought never occurred to them. I saw one woman tilt her body from side to side, as if she was looking for a reject tray on the sides of the machine, but still didn't see it because she was still leaning up close.
-the kind of person who would dump that kind of coinage into a Coinstar machine, is probably lacking all kinds of thought. The fool probably walked away, blissfully ignorant, with a receipt worth $23.62...and a big dumb smile on their face.

Thanks.

How come no silvers in UK coinstars?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for the UK version, but silver coins are usually rejected by US Coinstars because the Coinstars are adjusted for the weight of modern clad (non-silver) coins.

Here's a link to info about the UK version of Coinstar -

https://www.coinstar.co.uk/

and here is the US version -

https://www.coinstar.com/

with the US version there is an eGift card option that does not charge a fee like the cash option does -

https://www.coinstar.com/giftcards

Are you kidding me?! Obviously someone not paying attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats insane!! I go to the coinstar multiple times a week, and i have found a grand total of 14 cents. How crazz that must have been!!

What an awesome score. I check the slot at my bank every time I go. Every single time, all I find are foreign coins that are worthless. Unless I plan on going to Canada soon. Then I may have enough for a newspaper and a cup of coffee

Thanks but not one machine in the entire state of Alaska :roll:

I'm pretty sure they have them at the banks but they probably frown on people checking the return pocket...
They have nothing to lose, the bank officially cannot keep the rejects, the bank normally does not service Coinstar machines, and in most cases, foreign coin and rejects go in the trash. So, the coins are up for grabs!

Back
Top Bottom