2016 MTHA Open Hunt (Massachusetts)

Just 11 more days

Sorry I haven't seen all the responses from you guys after posting the announcement for the Hunt on Oct 1st. I'm still a newbie to the forum and just figured out how to go back to see replies. I've missed our hunt for the past four years as I was working every weekend. I'm using a vacation day this year to be able to attend.

So far, we have registrations from Mass, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut and maybe New York. In the past, we average 35-45 registered hunters.
We'll be raking the beach before AND after the hunt. It is normally off limits to detecting, being DCR parkland, so we have a SPECIAL USE PERMIT for that day only.

So charge up those batteries or bring extra Duracells and your lunch.

Bring your Hunt Flyer for Schedule and directions: LOST on the DAY OF HUNT CALL 781-424-7472

Good luck everyone !

Jim:detector:

Check out the website - they posted the potential prizes. I hope I walk away with a real metal detector! :)

It's called MPX Digital, a beginner one. The pinpointer is basic, from Amazon, I'm not sure what brand.

Is the detector waterproof? If not I would definitely wrap it up good! I usually use a trash bag when I'm not using my waterproof machine. I would definitely put the pinpointer in a air tight bag. I have a few extra bags and ponchos I can bring out for anyone who needs one.

Is the detector waterproof? If not I would definitely wrap it up good! I usually use a trash bag when I'm not using my waterproof machine. I would definitely put the pinpointer in a air tight bag. I have a few extra bags and ponchos I can bring out for anyone who needs one.

Good tips, thanks. The manual shows it submerged in water up to a certain point, but I will probably wrap the top half. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you guys and gals for a great hunt. Even with all the rain had a great time.

I wish I knew faces I didn't get to meet you or a couple other forum members, I had a blast! I want to thank everyone for putting on a great seeded hunt, will be sure to come again. Here's my take for the day! I won't lie, I wanted that AT pro pretty bad! Thank you MTHA!

Attachments

• 20161001_162243.jpg
    20161001_162243.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20161001_162302.jpg
    20161001_162302.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20161001_162307.jpg
    20161001_162307.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Me and my daughter Jackie both had a lot of fun today too! With both my kids being in their 20s now I was looking for a good Father/Daughter day and this fit the bill nicely. We met a lot of really nice people too, wish I had known who some of you were but did get to meet Cellrdwellr and Jimther, both good guys! No ATPro for us either but together we ended up with 4 silvers, 10 buffs, $10.75 in clad, an XP hat, a 1978 proof set and a 1993 mint set. Thanks to MTHA for a fun day! Thanks also to Jimther for letting us know about the event, It was nice meeting you Jim!

Back
Top Bottom