• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I'm broke.

Vethraxx

Elite Member
After I purchased my new Ford C-Max... it just did not feel complete so I found a local dealer and bought a new XP Deus with the hard case. It sure compliments the car nicely. Same color too. Now.. I'm broke but stylin'!

Surprised it didn't come with free sunglasses to enhance the cool.

OOo Ooo I want these... and a trench coat..

Attachments

• 61NCkE5zKRL._UX385_.jpg
    61NCkE5zKRL._UX385_.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 430
So I got the thing upgraded to v4 software... now I just need that damn wireless pinpointer and I should have everything I need for this mid life crisis adventure.

So where do you get the Does XP black caps and or T-shirts? Not even Amazon sells them. I'd hate to think I have to get sponsored.... :)

20 bucks for the hats and 35.00 for the Shirt.. man.. after dropping that kind of money you'd think they'd give you some swag for free. :)

Both Kelly Co and Big Boys are taking orders for the Deus mi6 wireless pinpointer, but folks are still getting them... is there a private seller somewhere. I want one very much.

Both Kelly Co and Big Boys are taking orders for the Deus mi6 wireless pinpointer, but folks are still getting them... is there a private seller somewhere. I want one very much.

If the sponsors don't have them that means they didn't get enough from the first shipment to fulfill their preorders. If people are steadily getting them that means that the sponsors are fulfilling preorders as they come in. I got mine from Fort Bedford Detectors. Great people and they maintained a list. I would suggest calling one and getting on it.

So the day I actually bought my Deus I woke up with a pinched nerve in my side. It's made life interesting let me tell ya. I finally had a break in the rain Sunday. I took a fist full of aspirin and took the Deus to a school lot sans the school. Looks like its going to become a park. Using just basic 1 and notching everything from 0-35 dropped the sensitivity to 85 and a pumping ground balance I started swinging.

I danced around in a circle for the first quarter hour with all the chirping it did. What's that... well what's that and THAT! My first find was foil. The 2nd find was an aluminum fence tie (I really hate those things). All high tones.

I walked a few feet away and started swinging again. A lot of broken sounds, nothing solid. Turning 90 degrees and they all disappear. Then the first LOUD mid tones kicked in. It almost made me jump because all the chirping was so soft. Then the coins started popping up every few feet. Pennies, nickels, and dimes. I was relieved. Glad I was finding nickles. It means I did not notch out gold. At least that is the old rule of thumb.

So it really started to rain and the little box of the Deus is not water proof as stated in the manual to I called it a day. It was in the belt sleeve but it got christened with mud from fumbling between pinpoint and scanning. Those buttons are hard to push with gloves dammit.

Can't wait to take it out again. Need a garbage bag to put it in after playing in the wet grass. Did not bring a rag with me to wipe it down and I'm not putting back in the hard case dirty! It was almost to dirty to put in my new car! :)

Hey Veth, not sure if it was mentioned but I highly recommend getting a copy of Andy's XP book. It will really help you understand and appreciate that bad azz machine you have. Looks like your off to a great start!

There's definitely a learning curve for the Deus, but I think it is so worth it. It's an amazing machine, and I have no regrets regarding all of the initial cost.

I contacted my usual supplier because I wanted a Deus pinpointer too, and he said they are on backorder from the factory. As a previous poster said, if you can find someone who preordered enough, you might have a chance. The rest of us are going to be waiting for a while.

Good luck!

Regarding SWAG...

I won't pay for someone's advertising. If they want me to advertise for them for free, they can provide me with a t-shirt or cap at their expense, NOT MINE! Matter of fact, I'm thinking about charging for my ad space--I figure, as big as I am, I might as well make some money off of it! :laughing: :gettinmoney::laughing:

Hmmm, need advertisers...I guess I'll be wearing "This space for rent" t-shirts and caps until some advertisers come forward. If you're interested, let me know! :D

Back
Top Bottom