Whites MX Sport Thread

There are a few YouTube videos with the MXS testing coins but i haven't seen any testing relics...so I broke out a box of my dug civil war relics and a few other whatnots including a few dug and non dug coins you may find at a civil war site to test the TID's on them, this is not depth testing.

I did a reset and used relic mode (defaults to 2 tone in relic mode) I did bump up the sensitivity a notch but otherwise left all the default settings.

Anyway, here is the video.

Last edited:
Fresh buried 9" copper penny

Etrac edge of detection at 24 manual sens but was giving good id most of time
MX Sport was only hitting on all metal channel, Sens only at 7.

This isn't a entirely fair comparison I don't think. Etrac uses an 11" coil? MXS uses a 10" coil? You are going to get a bit more depth from that 11" coil.

This isn't a entirely fair comparison I don't think. Etrac uses an 11" coil? MXS uses a 10" coil? You are going to get a bit more depth from that 11" coil.

Yep, just listing what I have tested although the coils are about the same size honestly. The Minelab people will probably criticize next about how it was freshly buried and will get deeper on targets in the ground a while.

The MXS is a good detector. On coins, coil for coil, it is NOT in the same league as an Etrac. Few detectors are. But the MXS is better all terrain (waterproof) and a better relic hunter (iron handling and all metal modes).

It's only unfair if it's a comparison test.
The coils are close in size, but it's not just all about coil size if your looking depth.

I have never used a Whites so I wanted to try one out , the TID numbers are different than what I'm used to but I can't say I'm hating it. It's heavier than the ATpro like I already mentioned but to me it's better balanced...the ATPro was nose heavy to me with the stock coil anyway, so I usually used the 5x8 with it. There are videos of ATpro vs MSX out there in youtubeland.

I think someone mentioned VS the Deus lite ? I have the full Deus but I would pick the Deus anyday over the MXS it's sort of a night and day comparison. I would compare the MXS to something more at the level of the ATPro.

The ATPro is an excellent machine I was just looking to try something new and can't justify a closet full of machines anymore so I sold it off and used the cash to help buy the MXS.

Yes it was myself that mentioned the MXS cost £50 more than the Deus lite.
With the Deus being the No1 seller in the UK i doubt anyone will be selling up to buy an MXS.
I'm glad im not a retailer trying to sell this machine over others in the same category/price bracket!

I have never used a Whites so I wanted to try one out , the TID numbers are different than what I'm used to but I can't say I'm hating it. It's heavier than the ATpro like I already mentioned but to me it's better balanced...the ATPro was nose heavy to me with the stock coil anyway, so I usually used the 5x8 with it. There are videos of ATpro vs MSX out there in youtubeland.

I think someone mentioned VS the Deus lite ? I have the full Deus but I would pick the Deus anyday over the MXS it's sort of a night and day comparison. I would compare the MXS to something more at the level of the ATPro.

The ATPro is an excellent machine I was just looking to try something new and can't justify a closet full of machines anymore so I sold it off and used the cash to help buy the MXS.

Holiday Bonus! Since I bought mine (before Dec 15th...still time left) you fill out a form on the Whites website and they send you free stuff!

I never argue with free :)

I managed to get one of the first MX Sports in Utah. After a few days hunting I noticed it would "smear" over adjacent targets. I sent it back for a firmware update, got it back within 10 days, and then used it for almost 200 days before I dropped it and broke the stand. Sent it back to White's and got a new one back in a week! No questions asked. I’ve got to compliment White’s on their customer service. It is the best service of any manufacturer of anything that I’ve ever dealt with. Absolutely Superior!

I've used the MX Sport in rain, snow, heat, mud, dust and shallow water for roughly 10,000 coins ($600), a handful of silver and wheaties, a dozen+ silver jewelry and a .9999 gold ring, all with the 10" coil. I prefer it to my 'old' MXT All Pro, even with the 13" detech coil. The sounds are better, easily discernable, depth and separation are excellent, though ID at depth is sometimes sketchy. The multiple programs and options make it a remarkable machine, especially at the price point. Once you take the time to figure out what the MX Sport is telling you, your finds totals will increase in a variety of environments.

I'm an inland hunter of parks, totlots, schools, bus stops, curbstrips and very few permissions. I'd like to do more, but there is only so much time in life. I have the 7" coil on the way, and have ordered the 13" from my local dealer. I can barely wait until the ground thaws enough to use them.

The MX Sport is a much maligned monster of a detector that will show it's true value as more people use it.

Keep on swinging. GL & HH.

"J"

I just bought the MXS after a long wait. I feel very confident I'll be using this as my primary and my MXT all pro will be my back up. I hit the same farm field over and over and over and over again. The pickings are getting slim and very slim. Then I bought the MXS and within 1 hour I found 2 flat buttons, 1 toasted copper and an 1897 Barber dime. I would've stayed out longer but it got dark, went back today Saturday Jan 1st to meet up with some friends Draped Bust Large Cent. Had to leave after an hour for a Family thing. Pics will happen soon.

I've owned several brands of detectors over the years including just about every model of Whites and I have to tell you the MX Sport is truly a beast. I've owned mine for only a month and have pulled more deep targets out of the ground than I have in quite some time.

I sure hope not too many others buy one cause I want to keep my unfair advantage :D

I've owned several brands of detectors over the years including just about every model of Whites and I have to tell you the MX Sport is truly a beast. I've owned mine for only a month and have pulled more deep targets out of the ground than I have in quite some time.

I sure hope not too many others buy one cause I want to keep my unfair advantage :D

It punches mineral very well.
I compared to some other good detectors,,,it was up there with the best.

I have had my mx sport for approximately a year, and have found some good finds with it including silver and old injuns, even some very old jewelry. i have not found any gold yet. It is a great machine once you learn what its telling you, it handles the wet sand great at the saltwater beaches in beach mode, I can run it on 8 easy without falsing. But in the saltwater about waist deep you gotta turn it down , thats why I bough a sand shark just for my saltwater hunting. freshwater it does great, but its my go to land machine. I usually run it in coin and jewelry mode with 4 tones. and its all I need to find the goods. I had a bounty hunter plantum before the mx sport, and my goodness im glad I bought the mx .

Back
Top Bottom