• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do you rate the AT Max as a deep unit?

Im seeing mixed results in the air tests...which is odd...I guess the notion that you should be able to get as deep as your coil size, doesn't always hold true... I for one enjoy these threads, some help with future detector purchases and some help when researching which new detector I might want to try...and you know it will happen again in a month when the equinox is released...I've been using FBS for so long with really good success, so it makes it hard to want to switch it up...ive been consistently finding 8-10" coins with ease for years now and when someone hears a mid to high range detector is getting more depth than a high end machine, of course there's gonna be some skeptics...

Well you may think this based on your soil.

But your statement is false based on using Etrac in higher mineral soil.
Etrac will transition tonally to iron range quicker depth wise in higher mineral soil then signal will drop out.

Go and try to find a 9" deep dime using Etrac and stock coil at one of the fields in Cullpeper.
Plus Etrac doesn't even have a true AM, so your screwed.

The etracs I had and the XS esplorer I still have.
All attest a clad dime 12.25" stock coils all.
How many 12" deep dimes have I dug using all the aforementioned detectors in my area??
Absolutely none.
I have dug some 10" deep silver dimes- not many actually.

How many 12" deep dimes have you dug Woodbutcher in your sites using Etrac, or any fbs/fbs2 detector using stock coils?,

I can’t say there are any 12 inch coins here,the oldest I’ve dug was 1844 large cent,and it was about 6 inches..I rarely dig a coin past 7 ,and that’s using just about every machine made.So either the Etrac,deus,signum 7272,F75ltd2 can’t go beyond 7 inches in my soil,or coins just don’t sink that far..Got to be one of the 2 because I’ve covered miles of ground with those machines,and would find it hard to believe I never got a coil over a 12 inch coin if it was there.

Okay,
Let's see the video of deep finds found in the wild using disc mode??
Simple
Coin sized, bullet sized targets.

The detector has been out long enough, surely someone has video showing.

I 'll even watch a video where the max is humming on a target (disc mode) and the at pro and gold are a sputtering-- target in the wild please.

Let me check and see if the Hoovers have some thing.

Not in the wild here but will do for now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHyNBhQQEo

Here a video on beach.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R99p_umuJUs

TNSS, regarding the beach video. When you see him ground balance by pumping the machine and it balances at 15, you can adjust that even more with manual ground balance. Hit the shift button and notch it down 2-3 digits below 15 and it would run even smoother.

That's why all the guys making videos saying the Max is no better than a pro in salt water are lying. They don't know how to use the adjustments the Max has available. This is just one of the features that makes the Max far superior to the Gold and Pro. But haters are gonna bash. It would help if they actually learned how to use the detector. BTW, (on dry land)you can use those adjustments in conjunction with a frequency change if emi is being a challenge.

Last edited:
Just found the air test chart, seems Garrett's at least trying to catch up, though my sniper coil gets about the same in disc as the Max gets in all metal.

Attachments

• ATMAXItemstested.jpg
    ATMAXItemstested.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 198
I’m not excited about digging targets deeper than 8”! If you are then have at it. Aside from the possibility of finding a buried electricity line, targets just don’t fall below say 4-6” in our red clay. Now I know beaches are another story, but if I get a signal deeper than 8” I start thinking underground utilities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Cala... Really?

We all know you love the Deus only in your soil...
We all know that detecting for 40 years that air tests have no value.
We all know that detecting for 40 years that test beds have no value.

Your a new guy to the detectorist family in years.

The only real results are in the wild with real in situ targets...

We have watched you tests many machines that you have no idea how to set up and the results are always for the Deus.

Get some thick skin Cala.. for Gods sake...

Its entertaining to what your Deus videos... :)))]]

Not trying to be mean but really?

Gary from oregon

Most all manufacturers have a test gardens, many like Makro and Whites have produced air test video's, it's quite possible any detector you've owned has been developed initially in a test garden.

Gary from oregon

I would say to you my friend you don't have a clue what your talking about! TIME doesn't equate to know how... found this today take a look at it might be my best find ever.. I might not even dug that signal if it wasn't for the testing I do.... just saying.... I don't just test machines in the test garden I actually get out and find stuff too in the FIELD. you guys kill me with that test have no value junk.......:laughing: BTW you ever seen one of those???
We all know you love the Deus only in your soil...

We have watched you tests many machines that you have no idea how to set up and the results are always for the Deus.

Get some thick skin Cala.. for Gods sake...

Its entertaining to what your Deus videos... :)))]]

Not trying to be mean but really?

Gary from oregon

Attachments

• DSCN0141.jpg
    DSCN0141.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0143.jpg
    DSCN0143.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0152.jpg
    DSCN0152.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 160
Check this out: a real field test

Today I hit a pulltab at 13.5" while detecting a permission with the MAX. I was running Custom 32 and up, full sensitivity. This would coincide with that chart posted earlier. I have no vested interest in the MAX other than the fact that I am rooting for it for selfish reasons. All the haters can take that pull tab and...LOL. J/K.

Attachments

• IMG_20171230_150642.jpg
    IMG_20171230_150642.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20171230_150708.jpg
    IMG_20171230_150708.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
Nice find CD, is it a cuff link, have you dated it yet?

I would say to you my friend you don't have a clue what your talking about! TIME doesn't equate to know how... found this today take a look at it might be my best find ever.. I might not even dug that signal if it wasn't for the testing I do.... just saying.... I don't just test machines in the test garden I actually get out and find stuff too in the FIELD. you guys kill me with that test have no value junk.......:laughing: BTW you ever seen one of those???

1790s second president cuff link as far as I can tell very very rare waiting on the experts to chime in my best find to date...

1790s second president cuff link as far as I can tell very very rare waiting on the experts to chime in my best find to date...

Ok
I'll chime in.
No expert.
Nice find.

Wish it could talk.

Snagged by the Mighty Mouse trap called the Deus.

Tom should have had a Deus to give Jerry a run. lol

Very cool button.Im thinking you hunt by tone,but seeming you had a at pro what do you think that button would read on a at pro? I mean would it be a midtone,hightone,Iron?

I hunt by tone and would guess mid tone on the pro ....its a very small piece and would ring in vdi wise 40s to 50s the numbers were very low on the deus when I just tried it from 30 s to 50s would be a very junky signal....im using a program on the deus that alerts ferrous or non ferrous not a full tones or fives tones program etc.. its a junky (low tone )signal in a full tones program....

Meh. It's a piece of metal. The Max and many other detectors would have signaled there was metal underneath the coil just like the Deus. That's what detectors do. Not really all that impressive.

Yeah not really that impressive just a very very rare find... :laughing: What you don't know is that the deus will see targets that max or at series wont.. You know why???? BECAUSE it can change freqs..... I found targets today in 28 kh that 14 wouldn't see including buttons.... so there is a chance that not all detectors would have seen it .. that's what you think but some of us who are using the new higher freq coils are finding out that some mid conducters and low conducters are being missed by machines that cant run at the higher freqs.. No way for you to know that though because the brand you use cant change freqs. You keep watching over the next few months and your gonna see a lot of new findings with these multi freq machines. Its really a new thing that some of us are just starting to figure out... So no just because its metal doesn't mean your detectors gonna see it 3 or 4 inchs in the ground!

like I said we are now just starting to find the advantages of the machine that can run high freqs and change freqs and how they can see targets that others wont.. heres a example the max is deep but it cant touch the 7 inch gold earring in my garden... why???? Why will the deus smack it in 54 kh ??? Your commenting on something you don't know anything about , and you might even believe what your saying but SOME of us who test and hunt with multi freq machines KNOW WHATS UP... BTW the max may have seen it don't know but what I do know is there are low conductive targets at five or 6 inchs your walking past.. I can use the gold earring to prove that... FREQS matter how detectors see certain targets ..... conductive wise....

Back
Top Bottom