Terrible Accident this AM

Bowhunters

I sell big Industrial type machinery to Woodworking Co in the northern half of the US. I was in a big shop this AM talking with owner about machinery when all of a sudden his foreman came running in yelling that "Dave" had just cut his ear off. We all ran into the shop to help, sure enough there was Dave holding the side of his head and Blood was pouring out the hole on the side of his head.

I said Dave what machine were you using and he pointed to a large Saw by the wall, so I ran over and started going thru the saw dust pile and I found his bloody ear. I ran over and told Dave I found his ear and that we should go to the hospital and maybe they could sew it back on. He was so happy and then he said let me see it, so I showed it to him and I could not believe it when he said that's not MY EAR. I said of course it your ear but he said NO IT"S NOT. I said what makes you think it's not your ear...and he said

Because my ear had a pencil behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I didn't upset people with this little story/Joke, it was pulled on me this morning by that shop owner..I just thought it was funny! Sorry if I uspset anybody!

I was going to give it 4:lol: but got to thinking maybe it happen lol oh well you got me :)

Having worked in a shop for over 35 years, owning my own for a number of years, I never thought that someone getting hurt was funny. I never tolerated any one faking an injury or doing anything dangerous. I have seen too many accidents and they are never funny. George

George:

I've also been in this industry for along time and have seen many of the same injury's you have and of course there not funny....But nobody got hurt, nobody faked an injury, it was just a skit/story that this shop owner saw at a weekend COMEDY show and thought it might be nice to get a few laughs from people in this over serious world we seem to live in. Sorry if it upset you.

Back
Top Bottom