Metal Detecting CODE OF ETHICS

Ditto for TerryTex

It is pretty much the same results from any industry or hobby that it only takes one person to restrict the entire group. Just be good stewards of "our" land and property.

Is it a fair playing feild???

WOW, I am starting to wonder.
If my favourite pastime is Footy, I just walk onto an oval and have a kick.
If my favourite pastime is running, I just walk onto an oval or running track and run.
If my favourite pastime is surfing, I just go down to the beach and jump in.
If my favourite pastime is shopping, I just go down to Bunning's and shop my head off.
If my favourite pastime is metal detecting, I have to go through all the Who-[/COLOR]Har, just to walk out into the bush.
If the mining companies know there is gold on their lease, why don't they go out and get it.
The same goes for sheep farmers.
Yes my metal detecting friends, Mining Companies and Sheep Farmers are greedier than Joe Hockey.
Mr Moderator, please don't ban me I am just giving my thoughts.

WOW, I am starting to wonder.
If my favourite pastime is Footy, I just walk onto an oval and have a kick.
If my favourite pastime is running, I just walk onto an oval or running track and run.
If my favourite pastime is surfing, I just go down to the beach and jump in.
If my favourite pastime is shopping, I just go down to Bunning's and shop my head off.
If my favourite pastime is metal detecting, I have to go through all the Who-[/COLOR]Har, just to walk out into the bush.
If the mining companies know there is gold on their lease, why don't they go out and get it.
The same goes for sheep farmers.
Yes my metal detecting friends, Mining Companies and Sheep Farmers are greedier than Joe Hockey.
Mr Moderator, please don't ban me I am just giving my thoughts.

I think it is more of an attempt to remain "beyond reproach", for the good of the hobby...

<*)))>{

Just make the place better than when you got there!

It has always been a nice practice to make the place look better than when you got there. I like to say I can dig in 10 places in 10 square feet and you cannot tell where they were. I learned this when working on a golf course back in high school...

Today I was metal detecting at a place I had permission to Metal Detect at. All of a sudden person in a nearby house released a pitbull at me. It annoyed me, but I ran to the car before anything happened.

I would have ran to the house so if the dog where to get me and bleed the blood would be on the property you had permission to be on and the owner of the dog could be jailed and fined for assault and animal cruelty

Thank you, It does help to have some idea of what is expected of us newbies when we go out into the public areas. I will follow the code as to not bring shame or trouble to the new found hobby of mine. Again, thanks for the enlightening info.

Another item for the Code-

The landowner owes you nothing.

You most likely aren't doing them a favor by removing trash that was buried inn the first place.

When granted permission, it is because of the generosity of the owner, or due to an agreement made with the owner.

The landowner has the right to ask to see all of your finds, and keep any, all or none of the finds, based on the agreement by both parties.

Don't cheat or lie your way out of an agreement you entered into voluntarily.

It shows lack of integrity.

You know who you are.

Code of Ethics? What? The dealer who sold me my rig never mentioned any of this! He just whipped my CC through the machine and said 'here you go boy, have fun!'

Back
Top Bottom