• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DFX HELP! Reset Factory Default

catskillcomics

Hi folks, I just purchased a used DFX, which I am really excited about.
It seems the former owner who didn't use this DFX much, but did tweeked a lot of things, is there a way to get my DFX back to the original Default settings?

If I remember correctly, you remove the battery and leave it out for a period of time like 30 minutes. I'm visiting my mother, or I would look it up for you. I found it in Digging Deeper with the DFX. I didn't bring it with me though. I'm sure one of the DFX users can either verify this is the way to do it, or if not let you know how to do it.

If I remember correctly, you remove the battery and leave it out for a period of time like 30 minutes. I'm visiting my mother, or I would look it up for you. I found it in Digging Deeper with the DFX. I didn't bring it with me though. I'm sure one of the DFX users can either verify this is the way to do it, or if not let you know how to do it.
That will work. The factory programs are on an EPROM (permanent) and the user programs are stored on an EEPROM (erases when battery is removed).

Leave the batteries out for a bit to allow the circuit capacitance to "reset".

The first four programs can't be changed from the factory settings if you just load coin,coin @ jewelry, etc. they are the original settings.You tweak from those for the remaining spots.

With my old Whites XLT to restore to factory settings all you do is turn it on and remove the battery pack then put the batteries back in and your done...I would think it would be the same with the DFX...

Actually if you turn the detector on and then remove the batteries it should reset almost immediately.

If the orginal owner "tweaked" the the programs he would have had to save those revised programs in one of the 4 EEPROM slots. You can not overwrite the the 5 programs in the permanent EPROM memory. Pulling the battery will not reset the 4 programs in the EEPROM slots back to the orginal programs (DP-Silver, Hi-Trash, Demo, Hi-Pro). If you want to have those 4 programs back look in your manual on page 56 and manually key the settings in on your DFX and then save that program back into the EEPROM slot.

Thanks everyone for your help.. I did the battery thing, I just wanted to make sure I was working on the original settings, not on someone elses. I went out today to the same spot as yesterday and used the deep silver & trash settings to get a feel of the different options.
Getting a new machine is like getting a new girlfriend, trying to figure out all the little quirks, and noises, which (at times) can give you mixed signals :lol:

Back
Top Bottom