Paying It Forward,Brings me Gold and Diamonds!!

Seems more of these GOOD stories are popping up.... its good for the hobby guys.

Wow, id say karma was sure good to you. Good things come to those who do good. Congrats on those sweet tickets.

Dew

Yep Dew,you're right,because people were watching and when you recover the item better plus for us;)

Awesome story and return! Nice rings too! I haven't been out to Sandys yet. I heard the water is pretty rough out there?

Tilton,it is rough,but for Boogie Boarder's that's the spot,you can dry sand or wet sand;)when it's flat who know's what you find in the waterline,I can only imagine

Very nice finds, and good job on the keys return!

You should really not mention the beaches you are hunting, especially when you find multiple gold. You may show up tomorrow and find 5 guys there with metal detectors... there are people out there that watch the forums looking for good spots to hunt. Don't make it easy for them...

I thought about that,you're right but I figure share the ALOHA SPIRIT and for me it's being at the right place at the right time and getting your coil over it:mder::tropical::surfin::trip:

Real nice post, and Good deed for DeeDee

You must spend a hour on your colorful post..:thumbsup:

The damage is already done. 4 guys I've never seen before out earlier today.

Deedee, you claim Aloha Spirit. Great, you found someone's keys. I do it often. All of us should be willing to help people.

Let me be clear... I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU HUNT WHERE I DO. HAVE AT IT! Finding stuff I might have found later does not bother me one bit. Good for you. Posting gold you found and where you found it has greater implications, of which I PMd you. Showing off gold you find is not the Aloha Spirit. Being humble, and respecting others is the Aloha Spirit. I'm a haole, yet I've lived here long enough to understand. You come across as a friendly, happy person so perhaps you just don't realize what your actions have caused. Go explain your idea of Aloha Spirit to the homeless couple just getting started with a used detector I recommended for them. Go talk to the old timers who visit there every day in hopes the sand will finally move after 5 months of giving nothing.

I'm done with this website. I'll keep this up for awhile before banishing my username. Good luck out there and ... Play it smart.

:?: What have her actions caused? Not trying to start anything, I just don't understand. There are already 1000 people out here metal detecting. Sandys is a pretty common metal detecting beach. Only thing I could see happening is what happened to me with my first gold find. The person who lost it, or who say they lost it, find this website and PM you about the ring.

DeeDee,,,,,you look good, Oh I mean did good,,,,:lol:that is a great story,,,,those are kind of days that really make us feel good when they happen,,,,that is sure a nice looking hunt and gold,,,,awesome work, may the new year bring you many great stories and many great finds,,,,GL HH

Ahh to the bat mobile HIsoldier....let's raid Sandy's!...will make it 6 noobs!...jk lol...in texas for the next six weeks. I wondered who the guy was that hunted Sandy's at night daily...any who nice rings...any good hunter knows were the golden spots our on the island be carful at sandys.. the shore break hurts and the ocean will tax you by taking your gear...or your life.nice yellow...its been a good week for me two. Just melted this week finds for a nice check and 3 10oz bars of silver from NTR the refinery here on island.

The damage is already done. 4 guys I've never seen before out earlier today.

Deedee, you claim Aloha Spirit. Great, you found someone's keys. I do it often. All of us should be willing to help people.

Let me be clear... I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU HUNT WHERE I DO. HAVE AT IT! Finding stuff I might have found later does not bother me one bit. Good for you. Posting gold you found and where you found it has greater implications, of which I PMd you. Showing off gold you find is not the Aloha Spirit. Being humble, and respecting others is the Aloha Spirit. I'm a haole, yet I've lived here long enough to understand. You come across as a friendly, happy person so perhaps you just don't realize what your actions have caused. Go explain your idea of Aloha Spirit to the homeless couple just getting started with a used detector I recommended for them. Go talk to the old timers who visit there every day in hopes the sand will finally move after 5 months of giving nothing.

I'm done with this website. I'll keep this up for awhile before banishing my username. Good luck out there and ... Play it smart.
Carvemaster,
:shock:Sorry you feel this way,but I was just posting my finds,,I get sooo excited when I find something other than trash and I want to share and post my finds...Isn't what this Forum website is about to- share and help each other out:friends:I don't know about you,but I get excited and feel very happy for all who find treasures and also who returns it as well..
Sandy's is not one of my spots I go to,this is my second time I've been there.
The first time out there I found a local boy's wallet which had $52.00 along with 2 cell phones in a plastic bag buried in the sand.It was buried there for a week b/c his transfer was one week old!!
So my Husband and I hand delivered it,he wasn't home but his grandpa was and he was amazed that not only did we find his grandson's things and we even delivered it;)All I asked for was to take a picture with him.I would think this is the Aloha Spirit:yes:
And yesterday I found Olivia's Keys and did go out of my way to return it to her,would you not say this is the Aloha Spirit as well:yes
I've lived here all my life up until the last 5 years,which I live in SoCal,my Home and Heart will always be Hawaii :tropical:My entire Family lives here,I wish and pray one day my husband would want to live here,but for now it's SoCal and I make the best of it..
I can go on and on how I help out Homeless people,veterans,seniors and single parents,but me being Humble and Respectful what will it prove.As I see it,I only need my Heavenly Father's approval for it is he that gave me my Heart.
As far as the old-timer's are concern,I highly respect them,but like I said being at the right time and place,,any body would've found it..
CarveMaster,,,I wish you continue to stay on this forum and give your Talents and Knowledge,we all need support,if I gave your secret spot away--I Humbly apologize,,I pray 2014 to be a Very Good Year for You And Your Ohana's:friends::sun::surfin::tropical:

If I find a Pirate's Treasure Chest (that is one on my bucket list)I will never tell;)

Ahh to the bat mobile HIsoldier....let's raid Sandy's!...will make it 6 noobs!...jk lol...in texas for the next six weeks. I wondered who the guy was that hunted Sandy's at night daily...any who nice rings...any good hunter knows were the golden spots our on the island be carful at sandys.. the shore break hurts and the ocean will tax you by taking your gear...or your life.nice yellow...its been a good week for me two. Just melted this week finds for a nice check and 3 10oz bars of silver from NTR the refinery here on island.
So true on Sandy's,never never turn your back on her,I'm glad you had a good week,and it paid off for you..Hmm we got 6 weeks to find Treasures before you come back:laughing:Have a Safe Trip!!

DeeDee,,,,,you look good, Oh I mean did good,,,,:lol:that is a great story,,,,those are kind of days that really make us feel good when they happen,,,,that is sure a nice looking hunt and gold,,,,awesome work, may the new year bring you many great stories and many great finds,,,,GL HH
Girldigger:laughing::laughing:OOps I mean Gold Digger,you made my day;)

Way to go!

NICE FINDS!!

Sandy's?.... I'll be right over!,

Oh, wait. I was there TWICE last month with no yellow...

It's all about when you get there ...

Congratulations!!

Way to go! So far my luck on keys is not good. I find fresh dropped ones and ask around. Weird nobody ever checks their pockets to make sure it isn't theirs. I go home and throw them in a junk bucket.:(

Great story DeeDee. I looked at the photo showing rocks in the sand and it took a few seconds to realize you were on a cliff! The people look like ants. :lol: I bet you will wear those rings. Very nice hunt. When you get a straight shaft for the Excal you will never put it down. You have to get the weight off your arm or you will get Popeye biceps!

Great story DeeDee. I looked at the photo showing rocks in the sand and it took a few seconds to realize you were on a cliff! The people look like ants. :lol: I bet you will wear those rings. Very nice hunt. When you get a straight shaft for the Excal you will never put it down. You have to get the weight off your arm or you will get Popeye biceps!

Actually you do have to climb down the cliff,it's next to the Blowhole,which sometimes the swells can be very dangerous,but when it's low tide,water is so crystal clear:yes:

Back
Top Bottom