Pro Pointer Dying

UPDATE From Hilda (At Garrett)

Said she could send me the Pro Pointer replacement rubber button so I'm waiting for that too. We'll see. Sadly though the AT Pro is out of warranty (only 3+ yrs old) oh well it works fine.

Update

DirtyRob shipped it today. I'm tracking it -- should have it Wednesday sometime.

UPDATE:

NOT YET!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know where it is. It has not been scanned anywhere since Chicago. Just says:

October 17, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

It sure is taking longer than it should from Chicago to arrive in Nashville (which I would expect it to be in before coming to Lawrenceburg).

The postal system here is stupid anyway. If I have a birthday card for instance to send someone HERE in town it has to go to Nashville first (84 miles away) to be sorted and then brought back to Lawrenceburg the NEXT day to be delivered. It has to travel 168 miles to just be delivered somewhere in Lawrenceburg. Major waste of gas in my opinion and we wonder why postage is so high -- that explains it right there!

So much for him sending it PRIORITY MAIL! He would have been better off sending in 1st CLASS! I probably would have gotten it sooner and he wouldn't have paid as much to send it.

Bless Their Pointed Little Heads. . .

It's out for delivery -- never got scanned in Nashville (our sorting facility). It arrived in Lawrenceburg this morning and is now in my mail person's vehicle. Should have already been here. He's late -- that's typical for him! Now let's see if he has it! Don't trust the P. O.

My local PO is the best! All other stops in-between???, no trust at all. Expected delivery dates on Priority has become a joke.I agree, first class makes better sense.

My local PO is the best! All other stops in-between???, no trust at all. Expected delivery dates on Priority has become a joke.I agree, first class makes better sense.

IT'S HERE! BUSY TODAY SO WON'T HAVE TIME TO TRY IT OUT UNTIL THIS AFTERNOON HOPEFULLY OR PROBABLY NOT UNTIL TOMORROW. (ALSO GOT THE RUBBER BUTTONS - 2 OF THEM FROM GARRETT) :detector::woohoo:

IT'S HERE! BUSY TODAY SO WON'T HAVE TIME TO TRY IT OUT UNTIL THIS AFTERNOON HOPEFULLY OR PROBABLY NOT UNTIL TOMORROW. (ALSO GOT THE RUBBER BUTTONS - 2 OF THEM FROM GARRETT) :detector::woohoo:

Great! I am lucky. Garretts is only 30 minutes away in good drive conditions, or when I'm hunting around Garland or Dallas,,,it's a drive-in event, and they get it done in 30 minutes as I check out their treasures exhibits.

Good luck!

I had a friend that lived across the street from the Garrett factory. I guess he spent a lot of time over there. I needed a coil cover for one of my Garrett detectors and the local dealer said it wasn't available. I mentioned it to him and three days later I got three of them in the mail at no charge. If in doubt, ask Garrett.

All you need to do is pull the old rubber button out and work the new one in. Rubber on the bottom of the button just slides into a groove in the casing. Mine went in pretty easily, getting the last piece of it in may require a small dull flathead screwdriver tip to seat it all the way in the groove but it's wasn't difficult.

Great! I am lucky. Garretts is only 30 minutes away in good drive conditions, or when I'm hunting around Garland or Dallas,,,it's a drive-in event, and they get it done in 30 minutes as I check out their treasures exhibits.

Good luck!

Oh you lucky dog! Jealous!

All you need to do is pull the old rubber button out and work the new one in. Rubber on the bottom of the button just slides into a groove in the casing. Mine went in pretty easily, getting the last piece of it in may require a small dull flathead screwdriver tip to seat it all the way in the groove but it's wasn't difficult.

Got it in and I'm up and running. Going to go out on a hunt this afternoon. Gotta change out the coils. Can't wait to try it out! :D

Have extra buttons because I got impatient waiting on an answer in the e-mail so I called Garrett and whoever I spoke with sent me two buttons and also two sets of coil connectors with washers. And then the person (Hilda) answered my e-mail and then sent me two more rubber buttons for the pro pointer. So I'm set with plenty of spares.

If I get out today or tomorrow, I will post what I find in a new post.

Last edited:
Got it in and I'm up and running. Going to go out on a hunt this afternoon. Gotta change out the coils. Can't wait to try it out! :D

Have extra buttons because I got impatient waiting on an answer in the e-mail so I called Garrett and whoever I spoke with sent me two buttons and also two sets of coil connectors with washers. And then the person (Hilda) answered my e-mail and then sent me two more rubber buttons for the pro pointer. So I'm set with plenty of spares.

Now I'd pull it back out, and wipe the groove in the cap with a Q-tip dipped lightly in a little vegetable oil, then reinstall it.

Back
Top Bottom