$20 detector! Walmart has Bounty Hunter Pioneer Prospector Metal Detector for $20.00. Shipping is free to store. GREAT X-MAS GIFT FOR KIDS

Not bad to get the kids for Christmas! Cheap to get them started!

Hmmmm:
================
A metal detector that can't find a half dollar beneath an oak leaf unless the detector is actually touching the leaf. True detection range is about a quarter of an inch.
================

Hmmmm:
================
A metal detector that can't find a half dollar beneath an oak leaf unless the detector is actually touching the leaf. True detection range is about a quarter of an inch.
================

Kids don't keep interested in things, or they break them, its like getting a fish for a kid, to see how they treat it, if they do good and feed it, and change the water for a year, then you buy them a puppy.

Ya the fish doesn't bark, or fetch, or really DO anything, but its a test run, to see if the kids can take care of the machine, (I mean fish), and show interest in the hobby, after a year, and the kids are still interested, we could check back with OZ_IL to find out what he suggests for a 7 year old. :)

Yeah the reviews on this machine are pretty bad. I understand that people are getting mad that a detector cant find seeded items, but I dont want to get a machine that cant find anything, my daughter would never find anything, get frustrated and forever after have a distaste for going with me.

20 bucks is a good deal, but I guess I will wait.

Hmmmm:
================
================

an if anything take the kid in the backyard right after you throw a bunch of pennies out there :)

My little girl would find some stuff about an inch deep with a similar model. Even these little turds are expensive and $20 is a good deal for this. I've seen similar kiddie detectors sell for $50 used on ebay. Just thought I would share.

I got the BH juniors for my kids last Christmas. They use them sometimes but get bored easily. They go about 5" down. Plus this model is out of stock anyway...lol

Best unit for 9 year old girl

Hello,

Obviously I am a little behind, but I was wondering what your opinion is on the best model for my 9 year old daughter. She is pretty finicky and will want something that actually works. I don't want to spend more than $100, and have it narrowed down to the Discovery Junior Metal Detector for $70 or the Bounty Hunter Junior for $45. I have to order tomorrow to get in time for Christmas, so any help would be much appreciated!

We got the Bounty Hunter Jr for the grandkids and are quite pleased with it. Good Luck!

I got it for my son with the bonus dig set

I gave it to my son his bday. He loves it but they quickly lose interest. Maybe the cold weather? He loves it but just doesn't have patience to learn right now. Other than that, it is okay for the price and to see if they really are interested. I even planted a few coins for him, lol. I also gave him my old Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer.

Last edited:
I had a dream

Seriously, I had a dream the other night that i would find another detector ar salvation army, and today I did. The prospector kids detector isnt much but maybe if it works I can get my niece to detect with me. got it for $11, in perfect condition, not even dirty from a single use

Seriously, I had a dream the other night that i would find another detector ar salvation army, and today I did. The prospector kids detector isnt much but maybe if it works I can get my niece to detect with me. got it for $11, in perfect condition, not even dirty from a single use

Good deal.

Got it cuz its a detector but I had hoped it would be usable for my niece, sadly i underestimated just how small a 5 year old girl can be, shes only 2.5-3 ft tall, her sis is 2 yrs and almost the same height. This machine is about as tall as my older niece, so its gonna have to wait till one of them is big enough to use it, that or tinker with it, the meter does seem problematic anyways.

Got it cuz its a detector but I had hoped it would be usable for my niece, sadly i underestimated just how small a 5 year old girl can be, shes only 2.5-3 ft tall, her sis is 2 yrs and almost the same height. This machine is about as tall as my older niece, so its gonna have to wait till one of them is big enough to use it, that or tinker with it, the meter does seem problematic anyways.

Is it a prospector?

Yeah Pioneer prospector, simple little kids machine, just cant resist it when i see a detector for such a price.

Actually, I think that is the one I bought for my son. Sorry, originally thought it was the one I had 13 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom