Going to the beach on vacation ...

-lecroix-

Hey all,

My family and I are going to the Gulf Coast for a week of vacation and relaxation and I thought I would drag my XLT along for some fun. I'm fairly new to the MD hobby, but have had my XLT approx. a year and ALL of my experience up until this point has been relic / coin hunting in the red clay of North Alabama. We will be staying on a private beach so I'm planning on calling ahead to the condo owner and asking permission and I'm hoping that since it's a private beach that it hasn't been "hunted out."

I have never hunted sand/beach and guess what I'm asking is if anyone has any tips for a beach first timer.

Any and all suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Maybe try the dry sand first, get your beeps and discrimination lined up. Lots of tin and Aluminum. If you can make a Sand Scoop, that will be the best!!

Stop at a Pawn shop and sometimes you can find a cheap one. The XLT is alot of fun....

One tip, Work the path to the beach, especially where the path opens up to the beach area. People tend to drop things going through their pockets, making sure they have keys, etc.

Send out some pics of your finds

Michael

Maybe try the dry sand first, get your beeps and discrimination lined up. Lots of tin and Aluminum. If you can make a Sand Scoop, that will be the best!!

Stop at a Pawn shop and sometimes you can find a cheap one. The XLT is alot of fun....

One tip, Work the path to the beach, especially where the path opens up to the beach area. People tend to drop things going through their pockets, making sure they have keys, etc.

Send out some pics of your finds

Michael

Good tips Michael!

Back
Top Bottom