Deus vs v3i

Relic hunting either the xp or at pro/gold is a awesome choice. Decent weight and fast recovery but the whites v3i set up properly would have better depth than the at and deus and its also fast.

As far as the recovery speed, the F75 is blazing fast, especially with the new upgrade which should be ready this month. Mine is fast as is, but the update makes it even FASTER (check out the youtube videos of the ltd-2). The V3i has an adjustable recovery speed (actually recovery delay, so lower = faster), and can be made very fast as well, probably not as fast, but fast enough for most of us at most sites. I don't feel I'm missing many targets due to recovery speed, most parks here have been hit hard, and the good targets tend to be the deep ones anyway. If you hit a trashy site with the V3i you just lower the Recovery Delay, and up the filter.

Go to about 3:50 on the video and check out the new fast audio.

Relic hunting either the xp or at pro/gold is a awesome choice. Decent weight and fast recovery but the whites v3i set up properly would have better depth than the at and deus and its also fast.

I have tried the XP Deus next to a V3i in a depth test. They both get excellent depth. The main difference is the Deus with the 11" coil is half the weight of the V3i. :grin:

I like

:lol:Made in the USA. :laughing: The French does have some good wine, do you Dues boy's want some cracker's & cheese to go with the wine howboutit :?: oHhhhhhhh please excuse me, I have to throw my dog a bone :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Saving The Post, all I saw on that link you posted were people getting rid of there DUES :roll: WAIT a minute, guess who just Sold his Dues Saving The Post :yes::laughing: FACT not fiction see classified :shock: Woops I like the V3I , E-trac, and F75se happy hunting, Earl

Love my deus... I came from a etrac... I pounded a park with the etrac the loaded a cherry picking mode with the deus... proofs in the pudding. Very trashy park and this was the month of October only.
9ae08424ac320203f1d897b033cc04d6.jpg
bb04ede6f0851e5335e4ddb67ce5b9ab.jpg
4bed3197b8af9a1c1a544ce19d1974e3.jpg
2c70cc5097f26641badf7306ef4d212c.jpg

I RATHER BE DIRTY

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415074088958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415074088958.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 950
The Deus is light as a feather. - I found the V3i to be pretty heavy on my arm.

The Deus has a similar (although somewhat smaller) range of adjustments, but they are organized nicely as sub-sets of the mode you choose, so that the choices of adjustments vary somewhat under the different detecting modes and you can see how much you are deviating from preset values whwn you adjust them.

I found the V3 adjustment system to be more comfusing since there was less information to relate individual control settings to an overall operating mode.

Both great machines, but in fact I prefer my new F-75 LTD "plus" to either of them.

Thanks for your article.
I have a Garrett AT Gold but I want to upgrade to something good for beach waterproof and analyzing find from trash, like V3i
my friend suggested xp deus but deus is not really for water staff but it's good for deep and its so light weight battery usage is so good too. V3i I like a diagram of 3 frequency and icons and size of finds.

what do you think?

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/compare.php?x=275&y=233

Thanks for your article.
I have a Garrett AT Gold but I want to upgrade to something good for beach waterproof and analyzing find from trash, like V3i
my friend suggested xp deus but deus is not really for water staff but it's good for deep and its so light weight battery usage is so good too. V3i I like a diagram of 3 frequency and icons and size of finds.

what do you think?

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/compare.php?x=275&y=233

The V3i is NOT waterproof. You can use it on the beach/wet sand, but you definitely don't want to use it in the water.

Deus

I've always loved my Tesoro Silver Sabre, it has fast response and weighs next to nothing.

To be honest, I have not even looked at the V3I, I'm looking to be comfortable when I go out this year, so for me, it's the DEUS.

HDD

Ive never had a whites. I can comment on the deus if you are looking for a machine for relics it cant be beat. As stated before it is more of a tone machine than a tdi or screen watching machine. I can call coins most the time from tones .The deus has the most info provided in full tones than I have seen on any detector ive sseen. The deus weighs 2 pounds , the deus is a deep machine the problem with some of those videos is people dont know how to set the machine up. I can tag 12 inchs silver coins in my soil . I dont get into all that tdi screen business as I find tones are normally more accurate. Im not a screen watching type guy I just need a detector to tell me dig dont dig etc in a fast manner I dont need to analyzle every target im in the relic game. deus is a very deep machine dont be fooled one of the deepest.

take a v3i ,f75,etrac deus lay a nail long ways put a coin at the end of it and sweep it one way going over the nail first let me know how far the coin has to be away from the nail before the detectors pick it up. I bet the f75 wont hit untill its 3 1/2 inchs away from the nail let me know about the v3i and etracand deus . Relic 1864 has a video of this test on his channel with the f75. Fancy id screen and all that jazz are only good if the detector can see it !

I hunt by tone more than TID as well but I've found the ID on the Deus to be pretty damn good. Maybe not as good as the CTX but much better than my ATpro.

Anyway, I know this is an old thread but just for reference, I've owned both machines in question and would definitely take the Deus over the V3i. I agree with what calabash digger said above about it giving more info in the tone than any other detector I've used. It takes a little time to really learn it's language but once you do, its just an awesome little machine. Controls are easy to understand and navigate, good depth, ridiculous recovery speed, light weight, compact and modular... Once you bond with the Deus, its hard NOT to love it.

If anything, the Deus will up average deep coins so the VDI will be a bit higher than normal on a the deeper ones. Ive dug a lot of deep silver dimes that id in 18khz at 96-97 that shallower would be 92-93.

Good sounding tones that dont give a vdi are usually foil or other small trash. Those type of tones will be a little more broken anyway

I'm for white's V3 because it has Ground Balance feature. As to Deus, it's a rejection type machine. Rejection means cutting off entire sector with ground signal and weak signals smeared over the ground signal. This means Deus miss deep / tiny signals.

As to pictures with finds done by Deus, better show pics with objects missed by XP Deus ;)

As to pictures with finds done by Deus, better show pics with objects missed by XP Deus ;)

Now thats funny right there..lol....

But I do like the deus,the Etrac,the f75, all of em...they're all good and it's hard to say ones better than the other,maybe better for you but not for me.I have seen tests done with nails and none of that means anything really.Ive seen machines hit a fresh buried 10 inch coin,,2 months later that same machine won't touch that 10 inch coin after being in the ground a few months,I've done that test and couldn't figure it out.
I just have fun with a machine,couldn't care if it's on the top 3 list or not.jmo

Now thats funny right there..lol....

But I do like the deus,the Etrac,the f75, all of em...they're all good and it's hard to say ones better than the other,maybe better for you but not for me.I have seen tests done with nails and none of that means anything really.Ive seen machines hit a fresh buried 10 inch coin,,2 months later that same machine won't touch that 10 inch coin after being in the ground a few months,I've done that test and couldn't figure it out.
I just have fun with a machine,couldn't care if it's on the top 3 list or not.jmo

XP Deus is the most user friendly metal detector among top detectors. But... No pain, no gain. White's is complicated, however if mastered it's a good performer, deep performer

Back
Top Bottom