• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

pinpointer

rcasi44

Elite Member
To all you bulleye users. Not being silly but is there a way to know when to change the battery in the Bulleye pinpointer? Can you tell it is pinpinting less? Rob

Yeah, it kinda stops doin anything! :lol:

you should notice that the distance to target will become smaller, and tone / vibration will become weaker. Kinda like a radio dying.

I'll have to air test it with a fresh battery. I didn't think it was working that well the last time. Those wet clay plugs were a bear. I'd have to remove the plug check it with the detector. Usally I could check the plug with the pinpointer. Rob

Yup, agree with Bill. When it starts acting funny, or eratic, I change the batts. Hasn't failed me yet.

do you guys like that brand of pinpointer? that model?
Just curious...i wanna buy a pinpointer of sometype

All I can say is that I got it along with a host of other items that I needed at the time, and a budget was in effect as we were leaving for vacation. It is a reasonably priced, and better than average pinpointer. There are better ones. I was also anticipating receiving a Sunray X-1 as a gift, so I needed something to get me by until that time. I use the Sunray 95 % of the time, but the Bullseye still goes with me on my hunts. I strongly suggest that anyone without a probe should invest in one, as they save you a lot of time and and when you have coins that take on the color of the soil or are encased in mud or clay, you can't beat em. There are occasions in the field that the bullseye goes into the hole or pile instead of the main probe depending on the circumstance.

I'm on my second bullseye in three months. the switch went out of the first one which I sent back in and got a new one within a few weeks. Didn't realise how much I relied on it until I didn't have it anymore. The only advice i can give with the bullseye is don't force it into the ground, as I think that is what messed my first one up.

It is only made to push down into loose soil and to cover a hole that is already dug. If you get too pushy with it, it won't last.

There are VERY few pinpointers designed to be used as screwdrivers or digging tools. The idea is to scan the interior of a hole, or pile of loose dirt to chase a target. The sensitivity indicates proximity to target. No indication means you get your digger and remove more dirt, not dig with the pinpointer / probe.

The switch is the weak spot on the Bullseye. I've replaced my switch as have others. Rob

I must be the "lucky one". My switch is OK (knock on wood). It is a weak point that has existed for quite some time. You would think White's would impliment a fix rather than carrying over the problem to updated models. Stupidity !!!!!!!!

Where do you get the switch for the Bullseye II? Mine has been acting up for some time. I've been taking the cover off and "fiddling" with it to keep it semi reliable bur would like a new one.

Whenever I go out detecting, I carry my TinyTec Deluxe. I've had this pinpointer for a little over 3 years and never had a problem with it. I especially like the fact that you can switch it into a battery saver mode without having to turn it off. The new models are called the TinyTec Ultraluxe but you may still be able to pick up the Deluxe model on sale for 39.95. :grin:

You can the radio shack switch number in Okiediggers post on the second page of the fix it forum. Mine is still working great. Rob

Back
Top Bottom