New from Upper Lower Michigan

Howdy yall

Not new to the hobby or anything, but I am new to the site. This thread came up in a Google search the other day, and I noticed a few of you are in my Oh-Zee.

If you can imagine the odd triangle shape this draws on our map.....I live in Traverse City, I travel north up US31 to where I have a fishing cabin near Charlevoix. Then down southeast through Mancelona, Lovells, Frederic, Kalkaska, Grayling, etc. to my hunting place by Roscommon.

I spent most of this summer detecting Crawford county, because it's so juicy with places, and my dad lives there. Winter is mapping season, and I've been collecting resources to map Kalkaska and Antrim county this winter, so I should have a buttload more places to find next summer.

I travel routes through all that, with various types of places along the way. Homesteads, ghost towns, lumber camps, hunt/fish camps. Any kind of treasure hunting, metal detecting, garbage picking, gold prospecting, shooting, edible collecting. All kinds of adventures, just depends on the weekend.

I'm looking for locals to talk to more than anything. A hunting buddy would be cool, but I'm always on the move and hit so many sites for a short time, spread across such distance. Makes things kind of hard really.

Oh well, guess thats about it for now.

Keep your powder dry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Upper Lower? - confusing if you're not from here. An hour south of the bridge. Just up from your wedding band if you look at the back of your hand. 45th parallel and not far from the town of Gaylord if you want to use a map. And buried in snow like all of Michigan. Do they make a double D coil with a heater to melt the snow as you move along? Anyway, just joined and looking forward to learning a thing or two here.

Welcome from Atlanta, GA - was a long, long hot summer. Now we are having some fall weather. Temps down from mid 90 and 90 percent humidity to 80 degrees and 60% humidity. We can hunt all fall winter and spring and summer if you are crazy which most of us are.

Is that near the lower upper? My uncle lived in the small town of Roscommon. Gads in June the lake was still freezing cold and in the winter had to use snow shoes to get to the back of his 5 acre lot. Now that is a challenge. And the black flies? my goodness they were from an alien world.

glad to have you join us.

Used an AT Pro for 3 years. Great machine.

Welcome. Yea Michigan we’ll represented. I live in charlevoix in north west lp

Good luck
Looks like you and I use the same equipment to hunt nearly the same areas, though I usually end up more between East Jordan and Mancelona.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom