Going to try again Sunday

Acey

Wayne and I spent 3 and a half hours riding around yesterday to check out old places we used to hunt in the 80's and 90's. We got permission to hunt a new area where the owner of the property; a very close friend, has told me some Civil War bullets and buttons have been found. Our small group of three are going to hit this spot Sunday morning. First time we all have got together to hunt probably since 1999. I'll let you know if we have any luck. Acey

Sounds like it could be a promising spot, good luck!
Jacob7Z the area we are going to be hunting is very, very so much like the picture you have on your post signature. It is a train station which was moved out of a small town back out of range of the Union gunboats when they would make a raid up the river. The station was put onto a rail car and moved about 4 miles out of town; into the country. It was moved back into town after the war and thousands of troops came and went on the train from the station while located out in the country over a three year period. Acey

Get em Acey, you don't need luck to have fun!!

normx2 your right on about that. We hunted together as a team almost 20 years and just the fact of getting together again is a very good thought. We had many good finds in that time period we did hunt together. Acey

Yep you're right Acey, it's not necessarily what you find but who you find it with that you remember...

Jimmy, Wayne and I went out this morning for about 2 hours before the rains came. I found what I think was the area where the RR Station was moved to. Area was full of nails maybe 30 yds wide, 45 to 50 yards long, I had my discrimination turned way up so I only had a few signals I dug. One was a women's ring. To me it looks like it might have had two stones set on the top of it but they where now gone. Jimmy and Wayne got into a house site and Wayne found a nice two piece button with a back mark of Waterbury but not military. Acey

Made a special trip over to Franklin this afternoon and went to Smith Jewelry with the ring I found Sunday. Went in and told Mr. Smith the story behind the railroad station then showed him the ring and asked if it was real or a child's toy ring. It was tarnished very, very heavy. He looked at it with his eye glass then said he was going into a back room and remove some of the tarnish. In a few minutes he returned with a big smile on his face. "It's a real ring. It's gold." Left there and went straight to the land owners office and showed him the ring, told him what Mr. Smith said and told him where I feel the railroad station was located on his land next to the RR track. Andy

Back
Top Bottom