james monroe

nudetector

Spending hours this morning surfing metal detecting I was dying to get out but could not think of a place to go, so I just started driving and the first place I stopped at and the first dig i did I found a James Monroe $1, I liked to fell over :shock: he was only a couple inches deep and I scratched him digging for him but he is my first great find! until today I was only finding new coins and that is all I thought I would ever find. now I have to go out and buy a coin book, any ideas? also today I found a dime 1960 and a penny also new not old. At some point i will try to post a picture of my find.

Its pretty modern and only worth face value, but still a fun find!!! Keep it up and the real goods will soon come....and the '60 dime should be silver, right?:aok:

Here is a picture of my find, sorry it is not the greatest but it is from my 5mp phone.

Attachments

• 04162011012.jpg
    04162011012.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 244
Hah! My friend found one of those today at the park and it was dated 2007. Go figure!

If that dime you found was a 1960 you found some silver. That's one of the best finds you can get. The dollar coin is worth a dollar. Only a couple years old at the most. Still rare to find though. No one spends them.

nice find with the 1960 dime, the monroe is from 2008 but still a cool find and worth a buck

Back
Top Bottom