Documentary

A Delaware based production company is seeking detectorists who live in, or near, the state to be featured in a documentary. We plan to cover Coin Beach in Sussex County and various parks and farms throughout the tri state area. Please email [email protected] or respond to this post if interested or if you know anyone who might be interested. Thank you.

It is beyond me why any detectorist with any brain at all would want to be involved with yet another tv abomination. Unless its some adult who never got over that Look At Me, Mommy phase.

These people are hurting our hobby. Don't help them. Regardless of how smart you think you are.

It is beyond me why any detectorist with any brain at all would want to be involved with yet another tv abomination. Unless its some adult who never got over that Look At Me, Mommy phase.

These people are hurting our hobby. Don't help them. Regardless of how smart you think you are.

Ok I'll bite. I've seen and read this argument for close to nine years. I, like you, not sure why people would invest the time, unless the revenue could possibly replace a salary; However, I don't see that it hurts the hobby. Actually I believe it could possibly help the hobby.

Last edited:
Again with this spam? :spaman:

About every 2 or 3 months one of these BS scam attempts pops up here on the old FMDF...New member, one post, email link...Just like any other phishing scam fellas. No documentary around, just another D-Bag looking for personal information.

Reported

I'm sure our mods will have this raggedy thread taken care of soon! :aok:

Again with this spam? :spaman:

About every 2 or 3 months one of these BS scam attempts pops up here on the old FMDF...New member, one post, email link...Just like any other phishing scam fellas. No documentary around, just another D-Bag looking for personal information.

Reported

I'm sure our mods will have this raggedy thread taken care of soon! :aok:

There are definitely some "red flags" to make you leary !

You would think if it was legitimate they would at least:

Give the actual name of the business so you could check it out for complaints

Have a business toll-free phone number, not just an email, which doesn't even look like an official business email address ending with the business name after the "@"

Have an actual business web site "www.(name of the business) .com

…...I just did a search engine search for that email and only saw related results for the same message being posted on 2 other detecting sites.

The mods could likely use the person's IP address and see the source -

https://whatismyipaddress.com/trace-email

In all fairness to the OP, if you are indeed legitimate, please post the actual business name, business phone number, and business web site, I mean really, put yourself in our shoes, wouldn't you be leary if an offer was so vague without any verifiable info for you to verify ?

beep, beep, beep WARNING IT IS SCAM

This type of message happened several months ago on this forum or TN or FM forums. On that one he said he was experienced and gave a production company. My research in IMDB and other methods revealed the video production company did not exist.

In another one like this he got some detectorists excited about appearing in the video and tried to get "production cost assistance" in the amount of $1,000 each to complete the video.

so don't respond this this type of !!!!. You have been warned.

Oh, and I must remind everyone that each of these scams in the past were from a new member.

There are definitely some "red flags" to make you leary !

You would think if it was legitimate they would at least:

Give the actual name of the business so you could check it out for complaints

Have a business toll-free phone number, not just an email, which doesn't even look like an official business email address ending with the business name after the "@"

Have an actual business web site "www.(name of the business) .com

…...I just did a search engine search for that email and only saw related results for the same message being posted on 2 other detecting sites.

The mods could likely use the person's IP address and see the source -

https://whatismyipaddress.com/trace-email

In all fairness to the OP, if you are indeed legitimate, please post the actual business name, business phone number, and business web site, I mean really, put yourself in our shoes, wouldn't you be leary if an offer was so vague without any verifiable info for you to verify ?

Every potential member in moderation is checked multiple ways an IP check is just one of them and he is from Delaware...

Check out YouTube it's full of them. I have guys over here in Asia cutting out 10 seconds or so of scuba detecting videos and posting it on asian sites as their own videos. Some people will do anything for attention

Right! What makes this guy thing we want to voluntarily 'Promote' our Sport? In fact, we are here to vigorously discourage all Newcomers! We are hunting for a declining target potential and in a race against each other and Time! We dont need no damn guy encouraging competition!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom