• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pop Tart!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Up at 4 and out the door! Quick brooming a popular local beach...The main bummer of this place is, it gets hit so hard, you feel lucky if you find a pulltab...But you just never know, so you gotta go....Miles of swinging for 1.65 picking up single drops with no decent spills or jewelry...Not even any empty cans!

So in the predawn, I go over to work the picnic table areas and eyeballed this fresh Poptart and a set of abandoned glasses! Whoopee! Best find of the day! Strawberry! My favorite! It was a bit damp, but hey, better than nothing!:laughing: I know I say it every year, but I really HATE beachsweeping! every once in a while though, it pays very much bigly, and thats what keeps me out there, plus the food, if you can beat the seagulls to it...Oh gosh...I must have been a coyote in a former life or something...:?:

Attachments

• jul 19-17.jpg
    jul 19-17.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 455
  • jul 19-17-1.jpg
    jul 19-17-1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
I wish I could come up with something witty to say. However since I haven't been able to dive so far since Saturday because of what I believe is food poisoning, I am at a loss for words here. Finding a Pop Tart doesn't at all seem appetizing to me right now!

You need to take a trip over here Mud. I can get you to lots of beaches hardly hit where you will find something.

Free breakfast, right on! :laughing: maybe there'll be pancakes and sausage on the menu tomorrow morning, LOL! :D

I actually eat and drink anything I find..thinking back, I found half a pizza once, some birthday cake, a bag of apples, Even a raw steak! Candy bars especially around Halloween of course are easy and prolific...Beers, half bottles of whiskey, whatever, even a road killed Turkey last Fall...I wear the abandoned shoes and clothes I find as well...if they fit..
So you just never know...Practicing for my Retirement...I'm more of a subsistence hunter than a detectorist...the detector is merely a stage prop for a viable reason for me to be out there wandering around like an old Bum! Half the time I dont even have batteries in it!:laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• clarke.jpg
    clarke.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 421
  • jam-1.jpg
    jam-1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 416
  • jul 7-16.jpg
    jul 7-16.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 419
  • sept 20-16.jpg
    sept 20-16.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 421
  • apples.jpg
    apples.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 423
  • turkey5.jpg
    turkey5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 426
  • turkey2.jpg
    turkey2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 419
  • turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 423
  • snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 415
  • grapes.jpg
    grapes.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 414
  • july 5-15-1.jpg
    july 5-15-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 416
  • meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
I wish I could come up with something witty to say. However since I haven't been able to dive so far since Saturday because of what I believe is food poisoning, I am at a loss for words here. Finding a Pop Tart doesn't at all seem appetizing to me right now!

You need to take a trip over here Mud. I can get you to lots of beaches hardly hit where you will find something.

The worse case of food poisoning I ever got was from Mortons Steak House in Chicago! Man! I've been to Mexico, China, all over Europe eating raw vegetables and Lord knows what without any trouble at all!! So I take a business associate guy from Denmark to Mortons one night, really put on the feedbag! Ate a nice big steak, salad, a whole loaf of bread, drank about a whole load of beer like normal, etc...

Got back to my room at the Raphael, and about 2am, my tummy didnt feel very well, so I thought, I'll go take a shower to cool myself off....As I was standing in there, all of a sudden, I was afflicted most damnably with an immediate and unstoppable offload reflex!...from both ends! Before I knew it, here comes that steak, bread, salad out of one end, and god knows what out of the other! Well, of course, this effluent jammed up the tub drain, and before I knew it, I was standing there up to my knees in Dinty Moore beef stew! I did my best to clean it all up, bailed it into the toilet with the little garbage can, mopped it all up with a towel of course...and in the morning, I went down to the desk and checked myself into an alternate room...I bet they had to call in a plumber or something...I'm sure I lost 20lbs that night...Never had no trouble from eating abandoned park/beach cast offs, plus, no tip required! ...:laughing:

Last edited:
Your graphic visualization is the least I need right now! I certainly know what it is like coming out both ends.

I am thinking of trying one dive today. However having ANY problems in a wet suit doesn't seem like fun either.

Your graphic visualization is the least I need right now! I certainly know what it is like coming out both ends.

I am thinking of trying one dive today. However having ANY problems in a wet suit doesn't seem like fun either.

I never understood wetsuit construction? I got a front zip which is indeed handy, but a guy really needs a back flap like those old cotten Farmer longjohns have...Divers know exactly what effects water pressure has on a guys GI tract......It aint long or very deep before a guy is squeezed into submission like a tube of toothpaste, somethings coming out of somewhere...only less minty fresh of course...Hope you do well today and get to feeling better there Dee!

I actually eat and drink anything I find..thinking back, I found half a pizza once, some birthday cake, a bag of apples, Even a raw steak! Candy bars especially around Halloween of course are easy and prolific...Beers, half bottles of whiskey, whatever, even a road killed Turkey last Fall...I wear the abandoned shoes and clothes I find as well...if they fit..
So you just never know...Practicing for my Retirement...I'm more of a subsistence hunter than a detectorist...the detector is merely a stage prop for a viable reason for me to be out there wandering around like an old Bum! Half the time I dont even have batteries in it!:laughing::laughing:

You know Mud, I would probably have gone for all that stuff too,, except the turkey.

Last edited:
Nice pop tart, gotta start pretty early to beat the sky rats to a meal like that..

<°)))>{

Always nice to make up a not so great detecting morning, with leftovers.
better a turkey than a skunk....you don't eat skunk, do you Mud?:laughing:
DL

Mud:laughing::laughing::laughing: You are killing me. ILMAO. Did you ever consider why that Popfart was damp? Did it smell like soured lemon? Was the wrapper yellow stained? Anyone who say's they can't live by quitting there job and make it metal detecting needs to talk to you. Your a successful full time, self made man. I want to be just like you when I grow up.:lol:

Oh man! You'd love it here. Nothing like a floater:laughing:

Attachments

• SAM_0224.jpg
    SAM_0224.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 367
Mud you are my hero, man! Nice poptart! :pirate: :beers:

When I was young and first on my own living in a leaky trailer in Sparta MI I ate a lot of road killed deer. There was a stretch of busy road between an apple orchard and a cornfield and deer would get nailed there at least once a week.

I got out of work at 5 am in those days so it was easy peasy to grab a fresh one and toss it in the back of my S-10 on the way home. :cool:

Mudd.... you and Irons are a dying breed amigo... last American man style, nothing but a bunch of market shopping plushies these days, kinda saddening. I know there are still some hold out areas, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

I bet I could skin up a roadkill when shtf, or take some food from the park like that, but until shtf, I'm sticking to the grocery store :lol:

This is such a Rich Country! Theres money and food and clothes and gear laying around all over the place! I have heard of these people called "Freegans"...They sort of make a hobby or Sport of seeing if they go for a year without paying a nickel for food! Since 40% of all the food in this Country is thrown away, its not too hard of a stretch to figure it out when and where and be there....

Then theres a whole group of people that are Dumpster Divers, They have their own little routes they run just like a totlotter would...They make some pretty big money too...Its a Sport or Hobby that can turn into a business of sorts...Then theres the Trash Day curb runners....looking for anything of value set out on the curb...Of course as with our Sport, Location is Primary!

You can be flat asst nakid and broke, simply walk into a Goodwill and say you just got out of jail and have a job interview, and out you go looking sharp dressed in a 3 piece suit! On the House! Free! Complementary! Then, you can walk across the street to the Hampton Inn and have a free Continental breakfast! Use the computer! Log into the Forum! Take a swim if you like, If the desk kid asks, just say you are here to pick up a business associate! If you want, jump on the free Hampton shuttle bus to the Airport, hang around for a few hours in Arrivals, and haul luggage for people for cash tips! Ride it back to the Hampton in the evening for coffee and warm cookies!

Just no end to it! Free everything! If you feel like working, and have a few advanced skills, you can always go hang around in the plumbing or electrical section at the Home Depot!....some DIY will be along shortly that has a project/problem that needs a professional!:laughing:

Case in point, I was standing in line at the bank yesterday, and some Lady I was making weather chit chat with said her AC unit wont run, and that she could not find a repairman to come over and figure out what the deal was....after asking a few basic questions, I told her most likely some mice built a nest in there and nibbled the wires! She was amazed and said, "You know? There was a whole family of mice that built a nest in my cars air filter box!" I saved her $1000...

Like I said, I gotta start thinking about how to survive comfortably in retirement, unless I can strike up a spirited conversation with a really rich widow at the Airport, I'm gonna have to sharpen up the 'coyote skills' as a fall back plan!! :laughing:

Attachments

• mice.jpg
    mice.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 276
  • mice1.jpg
    mice1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom