whites 808 metal detector purchase advice

deteknix777

Hi I am Albert,

new member as of today, I would like some feedback and your thoughts on a used whites 808 purchase I might go though with.

the detector is in Texas, the price is $450 USD. The detector being yellow makes me think and question the authenticity of the unit. :?:

however if you are familiar with this unit, lend me a hand and point out some red flags. As of now my conclusion is that Whites Electronics painted the unit themselves for the quality paint and details.

will this paint job affect the functionality of the detector? if perhaps metal needs to touch metal within the tubing. I have no clue, thank you for the help.

Attachments

• serial #.jpg
    serial #.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 169
  • pic 1-4.jpg
    pic 1-4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 3-4.jpg
    3-4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 4-4.jpg
    4-4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 140
Albert, Why buy a used unit when a new one with warranty isn't that much more. Also welcome.HH, phil

Phil,

what is the price for the new model TM 808?

On many forums people consider the older model with "cave mode" a better detector with extra features. please advice

Albert,
to me that detector looks like it was designed for industrial use not general detecting. Use that $450.00 and get yourself something modern, a lot lighter and something designed for coins and relics. Contact one of our sponsors and they will set you up. They are all good folks to deal with.

does not look like its worth $ 50.I purchased a mint Whites M 6 for $ 375 used. It a great detector.

Back
Top Bottom