• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New to site.

noclinkers

Hi all.
My wife bought (a couple years ago) me a Teknetics G2. I had a work related injury and had to have neck and back surgery. Needles to say I was not up to stomping around and digging holes, but I am all healed up and raring to go now.
Found this forum and hope to both glean and contribute. Right now I am in the learning stages, so any threads you can recommend to help would be awesome!

Welcome from SW WI.

The whole forum is full of valuable information and unfortunately some not so good. Use the search function, use you tube, and no I a local club if there is one.

With the info on the web, use President Reagan method, 'trust but verify LOL

My tip would be to dig as much good and bad signals as you can stomach, but mentally record the VDI and sounds and any nuances of the sound prior to the dig, so you can correlate the two lager.

No info on the web will replace actual experience.

Learn it you must young jedi.

Welcome from Southwest Oregon

Best way to learn is to hunt your own property to start
look at the numbers and correlate to what you are digging up,

try digging a few holes and throw a coin in there and see what it reads.

while your at it try a bottle cap or two and pull tabs and nails etc..

Hi all.
My wife bought (a couple years ago) me a Teknetics G2. I had a work related injury and had to have neck and back surgery. Needles to say I was not up to stomping around and digging holes, but I am all healed up and raring to go now.
Found this forum and hope to both glean and contribute. Right now I am in the learning stages, so any threads you can recommend to help would be awesome!

Welcome from Oregon! You may want to change your name to ClinkersGalore! LOL Be patient most of all. You will dig a ton of trash! We all do! Once your find your first coin, you'll be hooked!

Welcome from the Florida treasure coast.

You might want to buy a harness (Detector Pro Hunting buddy for $25) to avoid any future injury.

Welcome from Wisconsin. You came to the right place to glean and contribute!
Suggestion: Please put your location in your profile, so folks have a general idea as to where you're from when they see your posts.

Best way to learn is to hunt your own property to start look at the numbers and correlate to what you are digging up,
try digging a few holes and throw a coin in there and see what it reads.
while your at it try a bottle cap or two and pull tabs and nails etc..

Be patient most of all. You will dig a ton of trash! We all do! Once your find your first coin, you'll be hooked!

^^^ THIS ^^^

Also, read in another thread (i.e. a new member) that somebody suggested in getting a pin-pointer, which I HIGHLY AGREE!!! NOT absolutely necessary, but it definitely helps with matters in finding your target quicker, especially when your target has the same color as the dirt that surrounds it!!! :mad: I mean, you know you dug the right area, it's only so many inches down... roughly... but yet you STILL don't see it and it's simply pointing a middle finger right back at you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, you can always do the "X" marks the spot maneuver where you simply sweep one direction remembering where your signal is at and then do a 90* sweep remembering where your signal is at and that is your "X"!!! :yes:

Happy hunting \_

Back
Top Bottom