Several unusual items + first merc !!

hssea

Husband found his first silver !! I would love to clean it up but he says "No, afraid it would ruin it.

DSC01077 (800x600).jpg

Also found several other items: The one with the 83 on it have no idea, on the back in the recessed area appears to be a wire that comes out the top. The "sterling" pendant (??) --did some research and it looks somewhat similiar to baby rattles found attached to teethers from 1920's ( not sure why its only half there though--would think it would be one solid piece. It's got the words "Record of Birth" on it. The last item is some sort of dial, have no item if its old or newer. All these item were found in one small aread.
DSC01087 (800x600).jpg

DSC01081 (800x600).jpg

DSC01085 (800x600).jpg

DSC01083 (800x600).jpg

DSC01084 (800x600).jpg

DSC01086 (800x600).jpg

The silver item...we can barley make out an "r"...believe it say's "record of birth". I think it might be a baby rattle or teething ring pendant (saw some on google---they have to same words and clock face---not sure why this one is only one side and not sure if other side is missing

Thanks Doug, Had no idea what to even type in to try to research. What does the 83 stand for ?

I've got no idea. I have just seen the seals before enough to sometimes id them, but I know nothing about them. Sorry.

Doug

Thanks everyone. Found the exact item on the rattlehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/77229804/antique-sterling-baby-rattle?ref=sr_list_11&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=antique+rattle&ga_view_type=list&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

Cleaning your Merc is not going to hurt the value of this coin...make it shine and enjoy!!! Congrats on your first I think that Mercs are one of our most beautiful coins.

Great finds! I think the dial was off of a globe to show day and night. It looks like to one i have on my globe. Was your search by a school perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom