Metal Detecting Vacations?

Puppage

So, having just received my AT Pro and finding an old Boy Scout kerchief holder in the first 3 minutes (not valuable, I know, but I am completely hooked) I find myself thinking about taking a MD vacation. Any ideas, places, things to consider, etc etc? Do people actually take MD vacations? Did I tell you all that I am completely hooked? :grin:

Congrats

I have heard good things about the AT Pro. Go to Club hunts/events forum. There are a couple trips on the thread. I am going to the one in Catskills Mountains NY. It is held on May 31-Jun 1 or Jun 2.

I have thought of this as well. Not having the know how or money, I think This is a business I wish and I think a travel agency could benefit from.

When I got my ACE 350 and was to visit family in Florida I wanted to detect from here to there. But, because I didn't know where to go I ended up not doing any until I got to the beach in Florida.

Not enough of us

I have thought of this as well. Not having the know how or money, I think This is a business I wish and I think a travel agency could benefit from.

When I got my ACE 350 and was to visit family in Florida I wanted to detect from here to there. But, because I didn't know where to go I ended up not doing any until I got to the beach in Florida.

I agree. But unfortunatley the travel agencies are out for the big dollar. And what you are asking would take a ton of research and cost a fortune. Metal detecting club hunts or sponsored events are the way to go. Just takes a little searching on the web. If you are really gung-ho maybe even create your own event. If it is good enough I know I would be interested in attending.

Oh that would be cool

That's a great idea. Maybe I can make that one in the Catskills.

Keep me posted. It looks like a great time. And pretty affordable. I am flying from NC on the 30th, renting a car and will be there for the Friday morining hunt and all others. I am leaving Monday morning

You live in Ct! I've been reading these forums for a while now and where you live is the place to be...ground zero...mecca if you will!:D Of course I'm playing, going to a civil war site would be cool or detecting in England, etc. would be fun. I always thought a trip to Australia to look for nuggets would be fun. Problem is, where to go when you get there. Fortunately we belong to a great group of people who I'm sure would be glad to spend a day detecting with someone from afar. You would want to find a place with known history/finds. Imagine flying to England and not finding anything, though just going would be awesome in itself. Just remember what Jerry Garcia once said, "The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, on either side of the hill.":D Good topic BTW, I'm sure we've all thought of going for finds not available to us in our local area.

Maybe someone should set up a house swap for detectorist: my house in Mexico for your house in England for a week kind of thing...
That way you don't have to deal with hotels...

Twice a year I go to Diggin in Virginia, an invitational hunt. I'll continue to attend as long as I get an invite. It's a blast! There are a few different similar events, but I would encourage you to read reviews from attendees, as not all are created equal. I also went to a club hunt up in VA recently and had a great time with that, too. :)

Just got back from high desert Oregon. My Pro let me down, 1000+ miles wasted in my opinion. I'm going south next time.

Vacation woohoo

My husband and I are totally taking a vacation this weekend to the coast mainly to go detecting on the beaches and where ever else we see fit. Totally stoked. Willits to Point Reyes here we come!

Went to Germany for 4 weeks and detected 23 days out of 30 that I was there, 3-5 hours per session.
I didn't go there specifically to detect, but it ended up thaht way:mder::signals::excited:

Back
Top Bottom