• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Purchase This Week... Teknetics Eurotek Pro vs. Garrett Ace 300

collegefbfan

Weigh in with which one I should buy. I made enough eBay sales to go ahead and purchase my first detector. I have done a lot of reading of reviews and YouTube video watching. I will now leave it up to the experts.

Teknetics Eurotek Pro or the Garrett Ace 300

Thanks for all the advice. You all have been very helpful.

The one I am looking at for now has the regular coil. I might upgrade later. Thanks for the vote and advice though.

Concentric coil is good too.. Actually depending on your soil it might be best. That machine is pretty fast ,and visual ID is good too..Out of the two you mentioned, Eurotek pro all day long in my opinion.

Has the pinpoint button bug been fixed on the Eurotek Pro?

Dont know...you dont really need it anyway..I never use my PP button on the F70 or the AtPro...at that price, for the EuroTek..a guy can easily pay it off 5 fold on clad alone...in about a month...so it aint about considering it a 'spend'... its a 'money making tool' acquisition....fast and easy and a no brainer if a guy is targeting inland coins/jewelry...thats the easy fast money and future in this Sport, inland clad and jewelry...Decent rig with a resale value in case a guy has to offload it...so a guy is not out much...and holds good chance of getting ahead in short order...

I do like the 11"dd coil, but thats what I learned on and am familiar with...

Dont know...you dont really need it anyway..I never use my PP button on the F70 or the AtPro...at that price, for the EuroTek..a guy can easily pay it off 5 fold on clad alone...in about a month...so it aint about considering it a 'spend'... its a 'money making tool' acquisition....fast and easy and a no brainer if a guy is targeting inland coins/jewelry...thats the easy fast money and future in this Sport, inland clad and jewelry...Decent rig with a resale value in case a guy has to offload it...so a guy is not out much...and holds good chance of getting ahead in short order...

I do like the 11"dd coil, but thats what I learned on and am familiar with...

Yep, Ive never used a pin point function on any detector.

Not if you get yourself a pinpointer to go with your new detector. It's right up there with a digger and gloves as a must-have accessory.

Even a $15 job from Harbor Freight will make a big difference in your enjoyment of the hobby.

For about $40, you can get a Garrett knockoff from Amazon.

A little over $100 will get you the real thing, and $150 for the Minuteman puts you right around your initial budget if I remember right.

Even as a newbie, wouldn’t I need pinpoint function? Thanks.

Nah....

Lay a coin on the ground, close your eyes, and pass your coil back and forth over the target. Stop moving the coil when you think you are over the coin and open your eyes. After a few practice swings the center of your coil will be within a few inches of the coin.

At the beach, a big shovel will catch everything in that area. If digging in parks and such, you just cut a plug about 6" in diameter. The holes will get smaller as you gain more experience.

Back
Top Bottom