Last 2 Hunts: Still Trying for 2017 Gold

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went on Wednesday and yesterday for water hunts, trying to get that 1st yellow for 2017. Wednesday’s hunt was at a beach that I’m one of the few that I’ve ever seen detect there and I hadn’t hit in a while. Yesterday’s was at South Beach where I saw two other :pirates: working the water and one other working the sand. I was there just before sunrise for both hunts. Wednesday’s lasted for just over 3 hours and I was a little disappointed that I hadn’t done better since it’s been over 2 months since I’ve water hunted there and have modest success with gold. Yesterday’s South Beach hunt was 5 hours long with some really awesome calm conditions to hunt in and again the yellow just didn’t make it to the scoop. I’m hoping I don’t go have to into February to score my 1st yellow like it happened in 2016 but you just never know. The water’s been warm enough for me and I still haven’t felt the need to put on the wet-suit so that’s a plus as I prefer not to if I can get away with it. :sun: The unseasonably record warm weather has done well to bring the tourists so hopefully that will lead to some success in the upcoming hunts. :yes:

Attachments

• 1-4-17.jpg
    1-4-17.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 1-6-17.jpg
    1-6-17.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 1-6-17 Russian Coins (1).jpg
    1-6-17 Russian Coins (1).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 1-6-17 Russian Coins (2).jpg
    1-6-17 Russian Coins (2).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 287
Good report and pics...I like those double headed falcon coins...I have no doubt you will be all over something gold pretty soon..you work it and pay your dues, what the mistress of Gold demands...
Mud

Even the phone find is a good sign. After I quit finding phones and sunglasses all the other finds dried up. Heck I cant even find silver!

Even the phone find is a good sign. After I quit finding phones and sunglasses all the other finds dried up. Heck I cant even find silver!

Yeah right? Felix always gets some Russian coins too...He won the contest last year on the 'farthest coin' thingy...
Mud

Up until the last couple days, the weather was fine here on west coast central fl. for beach and water hunting.....yesterday and today however, high north winds, stuck in the 50s during the day & low 40s at night, .....quick week long warm up is coming, but the water temp definitely took a dive.
Good luck on the future gold finds.
DL

I think he also found a jewelry or two for your thingy:laughing:

Yeah, and that Rolex thingy too! Of which we will never hear the end of! :mad: So its fun to see him struggle this year for a little bit! "Unseasonably Warm" really got me...:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• snow road.jpg
    snow road.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Saw all those rubles and thought I was looking at one of Roman Digger's posts. but then again the other day I was digging Swedish Krona's so go figure.

Congrats and hope that gold comes soon.

All those Russian coil's, and we have yet to see the Russian or any eye candy, let's get the GO Pro filming on those hunt's bro., :thumbsup:

Earl, I don't GoPro because it might lead to Craig coming down and raiding one of my beaches. :lol: I would love to provide some eye candy but I don't do cameras or cellphones on water hunts. :yes:

Felix

Your to late, you been posting far to many zinc's, the last i herd, he was after heavy seeded zinc- beaches, he want's to coat he old truck in zinc, in the mean time give his wife a good excuse to get out of CT for the 1st time in his life howboutit :lol:

Back
Top Bottom