2 Unbelievable Hunts, 21 Silver's

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had what I call a pair of spectacular outings this last week. On last Wednesday I returned to the ballfield that had given up 24 Silver Coins to IDX and myself in three previous outings. I put the 17in. coil back on my CTX for this hunt. Been using the standard coil as my shoulder had been giving me some grief. My day was one of surprise even for me. I dug 11 Silver Coins, all from a minimum depth of 8 inches. This included 6 Rosie's, 3 Merc's and 2 Washington Quarters. Also pulled my best Wheat take in a very long time digging 26 of them. I was so excited about this hunt I called Monster up on his job and we made plans to go back again on Sunday. Things got off to a great start and we both were making additions to our Silver counts. By time it was quitting time I had another 9 More Silver's and Kevin added a 6 to his coffers. I finished with 4 more Rosie's, 4 Merc's and a Walker Half Dollar. Added a Army Field Artillery Badge from WWII to the take. I had some errands to get done before going home but finished them a little early so I stopped at a school and added another Rosie to the days count. On my last thread I had thought 200 FTY would be out of reach but after these two outings I guess it is attainable as my FTY count now is at 192. I have been teasing Yooper69 (Mike) about his double digit hunts putting a tag on them calling them Yooper Hunts, guess I just had a pair of them. As always thank you for looking and on to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 10-16-19 1 .jpg
    10-16-19 1 .jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 795
  • 10-16-19 .jpg
    10-16-19 .jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 820
  • 10-16-19 2 .jpg
    10-16-19 2 .jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 791
  • 10-20-19 .jpg
    10-20-19 .jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 751
  • 10-20-19 1 .jpg
    10-20-19 1 .jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 781
  • 10-20-19 2 .jpg
    10-20-19 2 .jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 786
  • 10-20-19 3 .jpg
    10-20-19 3 .jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 747
Wow...saying you had a couple of impressive hunts would be an understatement. Rather you had a couple of hunts that most of us would dream about and to add big silver too...major congrats on another job well done!

Wow!! I just can’t fathom finding silvers like that in public areas!!!! Your extremely fortunate my friend!!!! At the rate your going 300 is not far fetched!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally! I’ve been like a little kid at Xmas waiting for this!:lol: This place has been the wackiest “one off” I’ve seen yet just because of the volume...it’s insane. I have no doubt there are another 100 silvers there at least, some of which we might not be able to reach. This is big coil territory, and you have astounded even me with your finds Trap. The chances of a place like this existing are getting smaller every day, but they exist. The trick for the most part has been HUNTING DEEP! Not ALL of them, but most. It has been a blast tickling this place, and I thank you for the opportunity, I might make it to 75 this year!:lol: You will certainly make 200, unless it snows 4’ tomorrow....which it won’t.
Your company is always enjoyed, congratulations on blowing the DOORS off this place and thanks for letting me help!:yes:
Let’s hope for continued good (enough) weather...

Yeah, that's livin'! That kind of site is a good example of why use a big coil. Makes me want to get one for my 800.
Awesome hunting, Trapper! Kevin too!

Holy Tintinnabulation Batman!!! That is incredible Trapper, that ballfield and your skill in pulling the shiny is amazing! 200+ here we come!

Wow Trapper, :wow:

Congrats on the beyond amazing hunt!

With that 17” coil are the signals super good or does it take a little thinking on them? I’m finding with the Nox I have to sorta coerce my brain into accepting the signal as a goodie. The ground here is riddled with miscellaneous iron bits, but I’ll generally dig if I get a high tone that’s not too too high.

Again, super congrats, you’ll hit 200 soon.

With a few double digit hunt for me lately i thouht i might be able to close the gap a little but now if you get 18 more then you will double me . Absolutely amazing sir i mean holy cow 200 hundred plus for the year which will definitely get that is unheard of WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Great hunting Jack! Can't say I've ever dug that much silver in one hunt (that wasn't seeded) just incredible! All past 8" too, it goes to show you that not all detectors can attain those depths. That may be a large part of why there is so much there, at 8"+. Congrats on the pair of incredible hunts, and keep us posted on the return trips!

Dang skippy! And I was real proud-- just dug my third silver coin for the year!
I think I am going to skip reading your posts trapper---NOT :-)
Thanks for posting that! Big coil on the CTX gets em.

To have one hunt in double digits is awesome but two in a row is crazy awesome. 200 is no problem now, maybe even your next hunt based on how these two hunts went. Congrats buddy!

Back
Top Bottom