Are there any detectors that SHOW you what's under the ground?

andrgo

Hi guys,

Are there any detectors (I'm assuming if so they'd be very expensive and advanced) that have an LCD screen on them or something that actually show a model of what's being detected in the ground? All of the detectors I seen that have screens usually just show text on them and little bars for depth.

But is there actually a detector on the market that will present a diagram of what's being scanned, like it will show what it is scanning in a wire-frame model or something like that?

I think I'll go with the top of the line - Imager 1600 for only $23,075.00 :shock:

Have a look at the eXp 5000 by OKM
www.okm-gmbh.de

Note that it (like most similar machines) give a graphical not a true representation.
I did get to test a detector that did give a true image several years ago. This involved detecting an object then sitting the rather heavy coil (or rather twin coil) over it and waiting for a picture to build up. This took a few minutes and maximum depth was about six inches so one dig of a spade and the find could be in your hand in a fraction of the time. A ring or a ringpull both showed as a rough disc shape and the only way a ringpull could be identified was if the tab was still attached. There was also no way of telling size. The display was set for coin sized objects so a pocket watch for insistanced would fill the whole screen blacking it out totally. Lifting the coil off ground to try and get the whole of the item in view just didn't work as the coil assembly had to remain in direct ground contact to work at all.
A real case of 'back to the drawing board' but perhaps something that could be developed in the future.

The Garrett GTI has a LIMITED system that gives a size profile. The Explorer II gives dual numbers which correspond to a grid showing ferrous content and electronic conductivity along with a displayed icon. This is about as advanced as you will get in a hobby class detector.

Whites had target sizing on the QXT models that had the advantage over the Garrett of not needing an imaging coil. I think the most thats needed for the average detectorist is the bar system of the XLT and DFX as a rough guide. The trouble with any sizing system is that a car hub cap at a distance from the coil can appear no different than a coin close up.

There is the impending Adonis machine that I thought was a con trick a couple of years back as they only ever showed computer cad type images. But its now up and running and Marmotte has found out the launch date for me (December this year). Thanks Marmotte. Price about £1015 in sterling which is very good for the features.
www.titanium-system.com
Its a discriminating Pulse with three microprocessors, several memories, radar ground mode, U.S.B and infra red interfaces to allow information to be transmitted to your computer (create wireframe pictures of whats under the coil) and even upgrade the software over the internet. Wirless headphones as standard. Weatherproof and its light in weight.

No English site but BabelFish or similar makes a fair job of translating. I tried posting a translation link through to the site that works for me but it would not post up in full on the metal detecting forum when I tried it.

The C-Scope R1 gives you visual representation of the rough depth, and of the size of the article in the ground. It's not foolproof, but seemed to work quite well when I used this machine.

Dude, I would love to have a GPR. Maybe after I find my first gold horde.

Back
Top Bottom