• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

11 Gold coins and nuggets *updated* with clean up pics

Beautiful Save and a find of several life times!!

Sad....... I'm guessing, someones life savings.

After this I will probably never post another of my hunt results...:no::no::no:

It was a home made coin roll. They snipped a can and bent it. It coin busted open by later activity in the area.

$2.5’s- 1843-O, 1847-C, 2-1856-S, 1854-Philly. Last one might be wrong date. I don’t it on my list

$5’s-1852-philly, 1855-S, 1856-S, 1852 British sovereign-?, 20 Franc-1811-Paris/A, I don’t have the last one in front of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This find gets me wondering what happened to the miner? Did he stash his nuggets and gold coins to go off and get supplies and never made it back?!?

Man, I love this stuff!!

I think I just decided where my next vacation will be :laughing: I just can't decide whether to go north or south of the santa Barbara line :lol: possibly both? South=silver north=gold if im not mistaken? :D Really great finds! Congrats!

I've seen gold coins found both in NorCal and SoCal, just gotta know where to look! For a mere $500 I can sell you a map of the coins, complete with GPS coordinates of all known gold coins dug :laughing:

A big congrats, that right there is what we all dream of! It's out there, we just have to find it.

Pretty amazing that not a single silver coin was in the mix, but who needs pesky silver when your digging gold :D

I just found my first gold coin earlier this month, so I somewhat know the feeling you had, but not quite to that magnitude: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254668

Congrats again, that's just incredible :shock:

It was a home made coin roll. They snipped a can and bent it. It coin busted open by later activity in the area.

$2.5’s- 1843-O, 1847-C, 2-1856-S, 1854-Philly. Last one might be wrong date. I don’t it on my list

$5’s-1852-philly, 1855-S, 1856-S, 1852 British sovereign-?, 20 Franc-1811-Paris/A, I don’t have the last one in front of me

The 1847-C $2.50 may be worth as much as the rest of them combined, depending on the grade :waytogo:

Find of the century!!!!

Thats a small fortune right there....MEGA congrats!

So was this a ghost town, homestead, cellar hole, or just random luck???

amazing score, good job on doubling back and checking. congrats ! enjoy it as a find like this has to be few and far between.

This find gets me wondering what happened to the miner? Did he stash his nuggets and gold coins to go off and get supplies and never made it back?!?

Man, I love this stuff!!

Lots of murder in the old west! Maybe it was a bandits stash or a poor miner was murdered. Maybe he got drunk and fell of his horse. Lets just hope it isn’t cursed!

A big congrats, that right there is what we all dream of! It's out there, we just have to find it.

Pretty amazing that not a single silver coin was in the mix, but who needs pesky silver when your digging gold :D

I just found my first gold coin earlier this month, so I somewhat know the feeling you had, but not quite to that magnitude: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254668

Congrats again, that's just incredible :shock:

None of mine were key dates like yours though! Wanna trade?

Back
Top Bottom