Etsy Listing ~ Can you believe this?

When I post auctions with outrageous prices I call it casting out a line

It's like fishing... you throw the line out there and wait... and see if you get a bite ...sometimes you get lucky and your land a lunker!

Well isn't that a hoot. I've got a couple I should list at $25,000 just to undercut him. If someones dumb enough to pay for it I'll have all sorts of new MD equipment when all is said and done.

I could never knowingly rake someone over the coals who didn't know what something was worth in good conscience, probably why I'm poor but sleep well.

It's Etsy, just like ebay, people can list stupid things for outrageous prices. Some of them think they might find that one sucker, some genuinely don't know what their item is worth (they could have read the prices on copper 1943 pennies), and some are just bored people trolling.

Well he does say there is only one available. :grin:

I see it's at 100.00 now but what was the original asking price?

When I post auctions with outrageous prices I call it casting out a line

It's like fishing... you throw the line out there and wait... and see if you get a bite ...sometimes you get lucky and your land a lunker!

Well, it certainly weeds out the lookieloos! I built a really cool boat once, back in the 90's. It was a sailboat, rowboat, and and electric launch with a canopy! On a trailer! So every weekend I would pull it on down to the corner in town where everybody parked things for sale....I put it there at 4k, Not one bite! Week after week I kept lowering the price....$3800, $3500, $2500...Nothing! One weekend morning like usual I towed it down there again, and put $1500 on it and went on home.....by noon, not one call! Hell! around about then I mentioned it to the Wife...damn trailer is worth that!

She told me, "make up a new sign, and put 5k on it!" So I did...not half an hour later, the phone rings....Some rich people were just passing through town, it was their 25th wedding anniversary...and She wanted that boat bad! I guess I shoulda made that sign out for $30k!:laughing:
Mud

Haha and he has the Black Diamond peter pan VHS for ten bucks. most everywhere else those Black Diamond Disney VHS movies go for over $100, Amazon has them listed for 115

Back
Top Bottom