Great day at the old park - 5 silver, 2 Indians

filo

I had a great day at the park I've been hunting regularly for the last 2 years. I'm amazed I can still find silver in areas that I know I've covered repeatedly. I ended up with 5 silver dimes: 1892 O barber, 1911 D barber, 1913 barber, 1936 merc and 1943. I also found 2 wheats and 2 indians (1887 and 1904). I really like the 1913 barber dime which I found at 5-6 inches. It's in almost perfect condition except for the tarnishing that many of the silver coins from this park have due to it's proximity to water. The weather was perfect so I was able to hunt for maybe 4 or 5 hours to find all these. Thanks for looking and HH.

oOe0r.jpg

YNqc6.jpg

843p6.jpg

Very nice collection of dimes you found. And I.H's too. Yes, the 1913 is in really great shape. Congrats. Like they say, no place is ever hunted out! Good Luck on future hunts. : )

I need to stop coming on here and seeing all of these amazing finds. I get envious over finds like this. Congratulations on a great day. Can you share some history about the park you were hunting? In my area the oldest public park was opened in 1890 and I have only found one 1907 IH penny and no silver coins at all.

Thats a wonderful day of hunting. I see in your signature you found 66 silver dimes . Thats unbelievable.What detector are you using. congrats on your finds

Those silver dimes are beauties! With the earth in constant movement, roots growing and dying, animals tunneling, freezing and thawing...it's always worth revisiting those previously-hunted areas. Great finds!

Thanks all for the nice comments. I have a couple theories as to why this park as so much to offer. First, it's been the most popular park in the city it's in for the last 100 years. It also remains very busy today and I think most other hunters avoid it because there are hundreds of people and kids running around it on any given spring/summer/fall day. I find that they don't bother me too much so long as I keep to myself and give them space. I'm using an e-trac so that really helps pull the deep coins. There is a lot of trash there too so I have to dig a lot of iffy signals and sometimes that pays off like it did yesterday. Thanks and HH!

The stuff dreams are made of! At least my dreams. :grin:

Congrats on those sweet silver coins! Hope ya find lots more!

G2M

Back
Top Bottom