Is this good for polishing rings?

Bklein

I found this thing in a garage sale - called a polishing lathe.
I am unfamiliar with how wheels attach and don't know anything about polishing jewelry either... Says RPM 1725-3450.
What do you think - good for polishing gold/silver rings or should smaller wheels perhaps on a Dremel be better? Always red rouge, or others?
If good for rings, where to get polishing wheels and what to ask for?

Attachments

• IMG_4575.jpg
    IMG_4575.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_4576.jpg
    IMG_4576.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 550
That should work great once you find wheels and everything...

I use a 1hp baldor motor...

IMG_4039_zps3120c0bb.jpg

<°)))>{

How are these shaft adapters supposed to work? I see other polishers with tapered adapters for cloth-only wheels. Problem is that they are like $30 for a pair. Do I toss these adapters and get the tapered ones or what is supposed to go on these?

Mine is threaded, the wheels get sandwiched between two plates held on with a nut..

Not sure how the one you have works..

<°)))>{

How are these shaft adapters supposed to work? I see other polishers with tapered adapters for cloth-only wheels. Problem is that they are like $30 for a pair. Do I toss these adapters and get the tapered ones or what is supposed to go on these?

The tapered shafts are pretty nice if you're doing a fair amount of polishing. They are made so you can spin the cloth wheels off quickly, with the intent to keep separate wheels for different grits and different materials. (My neighbor growing up was a hobby knife maker and let me and my brother piddle in his shop. He had the tapered shafts and a whole selection of wheels.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom