Jewelry Cache

3.14R8

Elite Member
My health has not been the greatest for the last 6 weeks (figures I was doing real well scuba diving the last half of summer) anyway I felt good enough today to go for a walk in the woods and get some cold fresh air. Not expecting much I started meandering through some woods by a river here in Michigan I thought I saw an old car battery so I investigated, a jewelry box made of wood partially rotted. All of the jewelry seems to be junk but it sure was fun finding it and searching the surrounding area. It was probably stolen most of the jewelry was on top of the box with a bunch of pine needles and one spent .380 shell, I sure hope no one got shot over this junk. The rings were all within 7 feet of the box. It was kinda like someone sat there going through it all and tossed the rings as they checked them. The one ring is actually a watch. It sure was fun getting out and finding this stuff even though it has no value. Good Luck Everyone!!

Attachments

• 984.JPG
    984.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 901
  • 985.JPG
    985.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 986.JPG
    986.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 982
  • 987.JPG
    987.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 979
  • 988.JPG
    988.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 886
That stuff doesn't look that old or in the ground for very long. Even if it's not a valuable find did you report it to the police ? I'm asking because I am a retired L.E.O. Sometimes reports and locations can give clues to things. If there had been a rash of burglaries in an area this find could be valuable to them. These were probably amateur burglars at best because the pro's don't waste their time stealing junk jewelry and leave the junk behind. More then likely the box was taken to a pawn shop and they couldn't get anything for it. Law enforcement may or might not have interest in it or take a report on your find.

3.14R8 ------ Haha ----- Took me a second to figger out your handle. Very clever matey.

Last edited:
What an awesome find, even if the jewellry is just junk. Maybe it belonged to some kids who were playing treasure hunt with their jewellry and they forgot where they hid their treasure :laughing:

That's what we all strive for! Very cool!

That stuff doesn't look that old or in the ground for very long. Even if it's not a valuable find did you report it to the police ? I'm asking because I am a retired L.E.O. Sometimes reports and locations can give clues to things. If there had been a rash of burglaries in an area this find could be valuable to them. These were probably amateur burglars at best because the pro's don't waste their time stealing junk jewelry and leave the junk behind. More then likely the box was taken to a pawn shop and they couldn't get anything for it. Law enforcement may or might not have interest in it or take a report on your find.
No I didn't report it, it's been there a long time this area is very kind to many metals,in the pic is a music box (might be hard to see) it's completely rotted away, also the wooden jewelry box itself was half rotten and sinking into the ground,. Thanks for commenting and good luck.

What an awesome find, even if the jewellry is just junk. Maybe it belonged to some kids who were playing treasure hunt with their jewellry and they forgot where they hid their treasure :laughing:

Now if I could just find a chest full of real treasure! I'll continue the hunt. Good Luck in Australia I sure would like to visit your country someday, HH

Ive found a box at the dump once that was similar... although it did have some treasure... a penny, square nail, foreign coins, a fake rollex that worked (and I use) and a 8k gold with amethyst pendant.

Back
Top Bottom