• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone else tired of the equinox buzz?!

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
Just had to ask! There is so much speculation and banter about this unit. I wish it would just come out so the threads switch to actual info. I’m tired of hearing about it and what it’s “gonna” be. :lol:

Just had to ask! There is so much speculation and banter about this unit. I wish it would just come out so the threads switch to actual info. I’m tired of hearing about it and what it’s “gonna” be. :lol:

:laughing:

I read about one post a week for the entertainment value, but outside of that I ignore it. It's like watching a farmerdotcom commercial....I'm sure all those available women looking for a farmer are as attractive as those shown on TV.

I'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".

in the beginning I checked out the posts about the Equinox but now I mostly avoid them. I'm already sick of hearing about it and it's not even released yet. Maybe it will be a great machine but I would never buy something as soon as it comes out. Others can be guinea pigs, not me. I'll start reading topics with Equinox in the title this time next year.

Yes, by the time it actually comes out, nobody will care anymore!
I am just waiting for a used one to hit the market;)

Oh it has to be the most hyped detector ever. But then it does offer some great things. It also comes down to the time of the year on the forums. We usually put up with air test after air test inside of houses because the weather is just bitter. Soon will be the early birds burying coins in fresh dug holes and doing depth tests. In the end you just got to acknowledge that Winter sucks more ways than one.

Yes and no. I do read every article every post on multiple forums, and the bickering is far more tiring than the speculation. What I do wish for (besides shipping notices) is the green light from Minelab for those who are testing to be able to speak or post videos, etc. I do realize that “allowing” them to do so with prototype units wouldn’t be a true reflection of the finished product, but the way it was released to up the hype and interest has only fueled the fire when it comes to the conflicts/discussions/arguments.

Just looking forward to the veil being lifted and swinging mine in my hunted to death honey hole.

I am a natural skeptic so I will only believe the hype when I get some reviews from people that I trust that actually have their hands on one and have put it through it's paces. I read a few of the posts regarding the Equinox but don't read them any more.

Its likely not going to be like what is being tested anyway. I know when the pro minelab guy was saying how awesome his go find was a friend went out and bought one for beach hunting. Man that thing didn't get taken to the beach long:roll:

I’m just ready to get mine and go detecting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the money set aside but haven't pulled the order button yet. Luckily it should be out before the beach crowd shows up again. Too cold to water hunt the ocean anyways. That's the first place mines going while in warranty:lol:

Yes sir, me too! I have a spot that I’ve found a lot of old coins, a ton of Indians and barber dimes (but no old nickels?) and I can’t wait to give my Equinox a chance to hold its own. This place is in my yard (I’ve got a giant yard) and I’ve pounded it to absolute death with my old ATPro with 4 different coils, then later with my trusty ETrac with 4 different coils. This is my go to place when I need to get out for a quick hunt. I’ve been over it every direction, speeds, discrim patterns, bone dry, sopping wet and literally dozens of times. I’m not saying this Equinox will be like going over virgin ground, but if it can squeak out a coin or two in this tiny area, I’ll definitely be impressed. But I’m skeptical, but I’m from Missouri, so I can’t wait for it to “Show Me”!

:laughing:

I read about one post a week for the entertainment value, but outside of that I ignore it. It's like watching a farmerdotcom commercial....I'm sure all those available women looking for a farmer are as attractive as those shown on TV.

I'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".

I always bust out my pink ones when swinging a new MD! :lol:

in the beginning I checked out the posts about the Equinox but now I mostly avoid them. I'm already sick of hearing about it and it's not even released yet. Maybe it will be a great machine but I would never buy something as soon as it comes out. Others can be guinea pigs, not me. I'll start reading topics with Equinox in the title this time next year.

I’m with ya!

Yes I'm tired of hearing about it, I want to be swinging one!

And that’s where the proof is!

Yes, by the time it actually comes out, nobody will care anymore!
I am just waiting for a used one to hit the market;)

Haha smart man!

Oh it has to be the most hyped detector ever. But then it does offer some great things. It also comes down to the time of the year on the forums. We usually put up with air test after air test inside of houses because the weather is just bitter. Soon will be the early birds burying coins in fresh dug holes and doing depth tests. In the end you just got to acknowledge that Winter sucks more ways than one.

Oh yeah it’s gotta be one of the most talked about MD’s ever. Very true about the time of year as well.

Yes and no. I do read every article every post on multiple forums, and the bickering is far more tiring than the speculation. What I do wish for (besides shipping notices) is the green light from Minelab for those who are testing to be able to speak or post videos, etc. I do realize that “allowing” them to do so with prototype units wouldn’t be a true reflection of the finished product, but the way it was released to up the hype and interest has only fueled the fire when it comes to the conflicts/discussions/arguments.

Just looking forward to the veil being lifted and swinging mine in my hunted to death honey hole.

Yeah if it were real and true info I would read but you can only twist the info that’s out so far. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

The hype got me a great deal on a new Etrac!!!

Lol And you got a great MD that there is tons of true info on!

I am a natural skeptic so I will only believe the hype when I get some reviews from people that I trust that actually have their hands on one and have put it through it's paces. I read a few of the posts regarding the Equinox but don't read them any more.

Im with ya.

Its likely not going to be like what is being tested anyway. I know when the pro minelab guy was saying how awesome his go find was a friend went out and bought one for beach hunting. Man that thing didn't get taken to the beach long:roll:

Lmao they were a flop!

I’m just ready to read how you like it. :lol:

I got the money set aside but haven't pulled the order button yet. Luckily it should be out before the beach crowd shows up again. Too cold to water hunt the ocean anyways. That's the first place mines going while in warranty:lol:

Lol smart man.

Yes sir, me too! I have a spot that I’ve found a lot of old coins, a ton of Indians and barber dimes (but no old nickels?) and I can’t wait to give my Equinox a chance to hold its own. This place is in my yard (I’ve got a giant yard) and I’ve pounded it to absolute death with my old ATPro with 4 different coils, then later with my trusty ETrac with 4 different coils. This is my go to place when I need to get out for a quick hunt. I’ve been over it every direction, speeds, discrim patterns, bone dry, sopping wet and literally dozens of times. I’m not saying this Equinox will be like going over virgin ground, but if it can squeak out a coin or two in this tiny area, I’ll definitely be impressed. But I’m skeptical, but I’m from Missouri, so I can’t wait for it to “Show Me”!

Can’t wait to hear how it does in your yard.

Steve Herschbach is one of the testers of the Equinox 800, and he shares all info that he can. He's getting dimes down 7" & 8" with correct IDs when none of the others he had tried in highly mineralized Reno can correctly ID dimes beyond 6". Detects coins close to trash (adjustable), can be swept fast, lightweight, goes underwater to 10 feet. First people getting them are those who pre-ordered, late Jan-early Feb. They will likely provide more info.

The 600 transmits on 5, 10, or 15 kHz, plus multi-IQ 5/10/15/20/40 kHz. Price is $649. The 800 transmits on 5, 10, 15, 20 or 40 kHz, or multi-IQ, and costs $899. Some will sell used units soon, saying lost job, have some major expense not in budget, got illness or injury ending detecting, or died and detector being sold by next of kin or others.

Just type in search the name of the detector and it should bring up every site with possibly helpful info. Best wishes.

Go Find 20/40/60 now replaced by Go Find 22/44/66.

I got tired of waiting for the Equinox and found a Deus (not lite) at a little more than the Equinox 800 would cost me. If it turns out as great as the buzz, maybe I'll go for it.

Back
Top Bottom