Any Corvette fans

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter

Attachments

• 27073025_10212847200713854_7576623439025415839_n.jpg
    27073025_10212847200713854_7576623439025415839_n.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 217
Hardly a fair comparison. The Demon wasn't engineered for road course type driving. It was put together for straight-line, 1/4 mile blasts.
Ironically, it was D/Q'd by NHRA because it was a sub 9-second car, without rollover protection. In order to race it on a NHRA sanctioned strip, you have to install a roll cage.

Roger

You're correct GTS225 it is not a fair comparison. The Corvette is a track built car and the Demon is a straightliner. But both do a lot of stretching on their claims. The Demon, as advertised, doesn't exist. It has to be running racing fuel and many other MODS to meet the claims they make. As the Demon the average person can buy it isn't very impressive at all. Not much more than the Hellcat. Which also boosts some misinformation.

But with that said, I still would love either one if they gave it to me. I think my Shelby could take either one on the track or straightline. In fact I think they, Road & Track, said just that. The new Mustang out tracked all other American made sports cars and many foreign ones.

Hardly a fair comparison. The Demon wasn't engineered for road course type driving. It was put together for straight-line, 1/4 mile blasts.
Ironically, it was D/Q'd by NHRA because it was a sub 9-second car, without rollover protection. In order to race it on a NHRA sanctioned strip, you have to install a roll cage.

Roger
Alllllll mopars are straight-liners.

I've always been a slo-go for some reason, low HP good mileage kind of guy...You know, like late 70 Plymouth Volare stick wagons with the slant 6 deuce and 1/4? Chevy C/10 work trucks, Datsun 310 hatchback's..Even had a little Plymouth Arrow PU that I paid $300 for and it was a Peach! I would never pay anymore than $1000 for any rig, most less than $200, all were rotted and ugly, one step away from the crusher, but I could keep them running for a very long time and get from pt A to B cheap...

Anyway, in the mid 90's I think it was, Kia went bankrupt..remember? Well, I happened to be caught between various junk, the Wife needed a car... In a moment of weakness, I stopped at a dealer in Huntsville Alabama...Got a brand New Kia Sportage loaded w/leather for I believe @12k...All was well with the World.....Bear with me here...

So...fast forward to 2005, the Wife said she wanted to trade in her Kia and get into a 'PT Cruiser'...she was very insistent....So I took her into the local Chrysler dealer ....The sales guy on the lot, listened to us politely and attentively, said, "OK, while I get that PT prepped for your test drive, can you do me a favor? See that New 2005 Magnum over there? Its got the Hemi in it, and I sure would appreciate it if you would just get it out on the Highway, mash and blow the soot out of 'er"...He tossed us the keys..."Hemi? Whats a Hemi?" I wondered...

Well, being a helpful guy, I figured OK, what could it hurt? Its just another damned old Chrysler station wagon? The Wife took the wheel, eased out of the lot onto the approach, mashed the pedal, and....GREAT MERCIFUL SWEET ODIN! I felt like I was in that ride at the Fair where the room spins around and the floor drops out and you are pinned to the wall? Or in a jet fighter launched off an Aircraft Carrier? There was NO top end to that Monster! White lines all ran together in one continuous string..Up until now, I had never seen a road behave like this before, or the strange wild intense look on my Wifes face, not even on our honeymoon!

So needless to say...the PT was off the menu, and that Mag went home with us......I learned a whole lot about the 'soft sell' that day, also, fast cars are an aphrodisiac, even if it is just a wagon!:laughing: You know what else? Theres 16 sparkplugs in that Hemi engine! I changed them out at 100k! Did it myself of course. Got to thinking, I have never in my Life bought 16 spark plugs all at once! They cost me more than my 77 Volare! :laughing:

Attachments

• mag 2.jpg
    mag 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I've always been a slo-go for some reason, low HP good mileage kind of guy...You know, like late 70 Plymouth Volare stick wagons with the slant 6 deuce and 1/4? Chevy C/10 work trucks, Datsun 310 hatchback's..Even had a little Plymouth Arrow PU that I paid $300 for and it was a Peach! I would never pay anymore than $1000 for any rig, most less than $200, all were rotted and ugly, one step away from the crusher, but I could keep them running for a very long time and get from pt A to B cheap...

Anyway, in the mid 90's I think it was, Kia went bankrupt..remember? Well, I happened to be caught between various junk, the Wife needed a car... In a moment of weakness, I stopped at a dealer in Huntsville Alabama...Got a brand New Kia Sportage loaded w/leather for I believe @12k...All was well with the World.....Bear with me here...

So...fast forward to 2005, the Wife said she wanted to trade in her Kia and get into a 'PT Cruiser'...she was very insistent....So I took her into the local Chrysler dealer ....The sales guy on the lot, listened to us politely and attentively, said, "OK, while I get that PT prepped for your test drive, can you do me a favor? See that New 2005 Magnum over there? Its got the Hemi in it, and I sure would appreciate it if you would just get it out on the Highway, mash and blow the soot out of 'er"...He tossed us the keys..."Hemi? Whats a Hemi?" I wondered...

Well, being a helpful guy, I figured OK, what could it hurt? Its just another damned old Chrysler station wagon? The Wife took the wheel, eased out of the lot onto the approach, mashed the pedal, and....GREAT MERCIFUL SWEET ODIN! I felt like I was in that ride at the Fair where the room spins around and the floor drops out and you are pinned to the wall? Or in a jet fighter launched off an Aircraft Carrier? There was NO top end to that Monster! White lines all ran together in one continuous string..Up until now, I had never seen a road behave like this before, or the strange wild intense look on my Wifes face, not even on our honeymoon!

So needless to say...the PT was off the menu, and that Mag went home with us......I learned a whole lot about the 'soft sell' that day, also, fast cars are an aphrodisiac, even if it is just a wagon!:laughing: You know what else? Theres 16 sparkplugs in that Hemi engine! I changed them out at 100k! Did it myself of course. Got to thinking, I have never in my Life bought 16 spark plugs all at once! They cost me more than my 77 Volare! :laughing:

Ha ha, those wagons are awesome, I got the same engine in my Jeep..:D

<°)))>{

Went on a "Drive-N-Dine" this weekend with our car club. We met up with two other car clubs. Mopar on the Plains and I'm not sure the other. Of course Mopar on the plains was all Mopars. three Hellcats and a couple 392 HEMI's and not a one was interested in seeing how they compared to my GT500 super Snake. LOL.

I started to casually look at the c7 though with a c8 around the corner may have a old model....anyway my first dealership the first salesman let me try seat for size the second salesman was a no go....drag buying a car at times.

The new Challenger do like the looks but the interior was not my style.
The Mustangs are on my short list but have owned all my life.

What might be crazy is that the late model Corvette will handle like a floating pig compared to the future high performance cars. They all continue to brake, handle and even improve with gas mileage.

How about the AAR 'Cuda & T/A Challengers ?????? :?:

Even back in their day, they weren't even close to a Corvette or even a Pontiac Trans-Am. I love them too, but it's the truth.

A '69 440 Six Pak Road Runner was the third fastest car on the top 50 1/4 miler list. Ronnie Sox was the best with a stick!! A12!!!!!

Ever see the drag test comparison with the Satellite, GTO, Chevelle and Fairlane 390 from 1966 on YouTube? Hemi!!!

Last edited:
What might be crazy is that the late model Corvette will handle like a floating pig compared to the future high performance cars. They all continue to brake, handle and even improve with gas mileage.
Gas mileage? Gasoline? Won't even be a contender against future performance vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom