Hurricane Sandy-Please Check In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe,
After looking at those photo albums it's pretty clear you guys got NAILED...Unbelievable man...
Stay safe guys!

I learned a lot about insurance companies when I owned an Auto body shop. A guy had wrote an article about how he sent his son to college and when the kid got out he tried to explain to his father that instead of fighting the insurance companies he should sell everything he owned and buy stock in them. He said that his son was crazy and didn't listen. A few years later he learned that if he had listened to his son he would have been worth millions of dollars. He summed up the article saying that he should have listened to his son with his expensive college education. Even though I hate them I always wanted to buy stock in the insurance companies but I never have the spare cash! :no:

It's a big sad joke what goes on in our society :(

I still have no power, but the township decided to start school back up tomorrow ..

HELLO !!

I should rub their clothes and hair in mud and send them in ..

Who makes these stupid decisions ?

Meanwhile a few miles away my mother who is 90 is not allowed to see if her home is even habitable ..

!!! is going on ??

I'm voting for the squirrels in my back yard .. They are brighter then all of these politicians and have bigger nutz !!

I still have no power, but the township decided to start school back up tomorrow ..

HELLO !!

Meanwhile a few miles away my mother who is 90 is not allowed to see if her home is even habitable ..

!!! is going on ??

I'm voting for the squirrels in my back yard .. They are brighter then all of these politicians and have bigger nutz !!

I feel for you guys! I been through a lot less and got my eyes wide open! Had to pay for my own roof.Dock is still gone!State farm took our money and ran.Our cars we been paying extra for storms already added in! Hell i pay more for car insurance now than when i was a teen.No wrecks or points even on my license.Insurance companies are in it for the money.Somebody once told me back then we'd need to bust a window out and add a wide open garden hose to get paid.Water rises we are screwed here! You got to say it rained!You guys will be paying Florida premiums now if they don't pull out of New England!We already got to go it on our own down here!

And to think last weekend some people didn't think the storm was gonna have an impact! Pftt!

Yeah I saw that. We had a big tree down on the green here in West Haven. I went over it with the MD'er ;) hoping to find same old colonial coins...nothing.

You are checking the wrong tree. You should be checking out the one with the skeleton. You never know, might be a ring on that boney finger! :lol:

HELLO !!

!!! is going on ??

The first thing I saw the town clean up here was this small town park. They cut up the trees that fell and took them away. There were still trees blocking streets and laying on the wires? The smart people don't get those jobs or can't get them because they backed and voted for the loser. That's it for my political stuff!

The insurance companies will make money off of this storm. They keep money is escrow for disasters. They will use every loophole possible to not pay people and when it's all over they will use the storm as an excuse to raise everyone's rates across the country. The big insurance companies never lose!!!

They also don't pay, if they can get the government to cover loses. Think they do pretty good on disasters, the FEMA money flows pretty freely. Had people knock on my door, hand me forms to file, gotten calls reminding me to fill them out. Mostly, I only had to clean up some large oak branches, few minor repairs to the house, which I planned to do myself, with materials on hand. Probably could have gotten some of that free money, but knew there were many others, who lost everything. Also didn't want to get stuck with other paper hassles, like receipts, permits, licenced contractors... Even if it's free, I never take more than I really need.

They also don't pay, if they can get the government to cover loses. Think they do pretty good on disasters, the FEMA money flows pretty freely. Had people knock on my door, hand me forms to file, gotten calls reminding me to fill them out. Mostly, I only had to clean up some large oak branches, few minor repairs to the house, which I planned to do myself, with materials on hand. Probably could have gotten some of that free money, but knew there were many others, who lost everything. Also didn't want to get stuck with other paper hassles, like receipts, permits, licenced contractors... Even if it's free, I never take more than I really need.

I already had a guy today with a flyer trying to get roofing work. I told him I do it myself but he still wanted me to take a flyer. Almost every time I pay someone to do something I end up unhappy and doing it over. That's why it will take all my life to finish everything. Especially while working 2 jobs to live in NY.

Beach Pic's

Here are some pic's that I took.

Right now we've been told power won't be back until Monday.

I've decided to buy a whole house generator. I realize others have it much worse than I. I really just don't want to have to depend on the UI to come anytime soon & I'd rather be self reliant like a doomsday prepper.

It was so COLD last night in the house that the cats slept on my wife to keep warm...

Hang in there folks as best as you can.

Attachments

• SUC50001.jpg
    SUC50001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 234
  • SUC50002.jpg
    SUC50002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 232
  • SUC50003.jpg
    SUC50003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 236
  • SUC50004.jpg
    SUC50004.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 229
  • SUC50005.jpg
    SUC50005.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 226
  • SUC50006.jpg
    SUC50006.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 225
  • SUC50007.jpg
    SUC50007.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 232
  • SUC50008.jpg
    SUC50008.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 228
  • SUC50009.jpg
    SUC50009.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 228
  • SUC50010.jpg
    SUC50010.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 230
  • SUC50011.jpg
    SUC50011.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 230
  • SUC50012.jpg
    SUC50012.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 227
  • SUC50013.jpg
    SUC50013.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 225
  • SUC50014.jpg
    SUC50014.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 229
  • SUC50015.jpg
    SUC50015.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 230
  • SUC50016.jpg
    SUC50016.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 227
  • SUC50017.jpg
    SUC50017.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 223
  • SUC50018.jpg
    SUC50018.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 222
  • SUC50019.jpg
    SUC50019.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 223
  • SUC50020.jpg
    SUC50020.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 226
Since I get no explanations for deletions of my legitimate posts ten I will no longer financially support this site ..

I know it is not Craig, because not only is he without power, he is always confused when I question him about these circumstances ..

I hope your sponsors are enough to support you , but I'm through if I don't get an apology or expanation

It was I who deleted your last post as I don't want the negativity to get this thread closed like the other one. Do what you like with your support and please feel free to contact Vlad & Carol or Rudy, our other Admin.

Finally got cell signal after 4 days, it aint pretty here in Forked River but i survived, i cant get to my house in seaside yet but will take pics when i do, still no elec, cable or wifi here but my brother and i wired the boat generator to send juice out from the shore plug and powering house, his house and 1 other are probably the only 2 of community not destroyed. I feel bad for many folks here but FEMA has been making its way thru, this will take time, hopefully I'll see if my place exists this weekend, might wrap it up and head back to florida .... I'll get back to ya's

It was I who deleted your last post as I don't want the negativity to get this thread closed like the other one. Do what you like with your support and please feel free to contact Vlad & Carol or Rudy, our other Admin.

Why should I contact anybody ??

I send you guys money monthly in support of a free site ..

You choose to delete honest posts about situations that are very serious..

Its like me waiting for an earthquake in Calif so I can run out and hunt your beaches..I would think someone living on the Cali coast would understand better ??????

I didn't attack anyone...That donkoid attacked me !! Maybe you should read the posts..Negativity /// Unfriendly ???

Ask your buddy SurfDonkey what he thinks SB ...

your wrong and I'll say it ...

Titles only give you power, but it doesn't make it right, just like some politicians

Last edited:
Why should I contact anybody ??

Its like me waiting for an earthquake in Calif so I can run out and hunt your beaches..I would think someone living on the Cali coast would understand better ??????

I didn't attack anyone...That donkoid attacked me !! Maybe you should read the posts..Negativity /// Unfriendly ???

Titles only give you power, but it doesn't make it right, just like some politicians

As you said, I live on the California coast which means I have no dog in this fight you guys are having back there. Nor have I taken a position on the right or wrong of hunting the beaches immediately after a natural disaster. As a Moderator I am sometimes required to keep my personal views to myself.

...and who the hell is SurfDonkey??!!?

As you said, I live on the California coast which means I have no dog in this fight you guys are having back there. Nor have I taken a position on the right or wrong of hunting the beaches immediately after a natural disaster. As a Moderator I am sometimes required to keep my personal views to myself.

...and who the hell is SurfDonkey??!!?

No fight here at all Ron !!

You and Rudy locked a thread and deleted legitimate remarks and concerns by people living here...This was all after the OP got his last ridiculous word in...

I once again will repeat and you can look through all of my post,s that I never said someone should not be detecting at this time..BIGsZ chose to take up that battle with me and others in the thread..His name was never ever mentioned, but obviously he took it to heart..

SoufDonkey ?? well you should know that answer to that question,as you are a member of his group...you live in Cali. but are a member of a a Jersey Shore Group...HELLO ???

When will Santa Barbara or North Coast be starting a group so I can add my input ??

Since I get no explanations for deletions of my legitimate posts ten I will no longer financially support this site ..

I hope your sponsors are enough to support you , but I'm through if I don't get an apology or expanation

Maybe you can get BigstemZ to help support your monthly charges ..
Good luck with that..

Ron was doing his job. I saw the two posts you made that he deleted and they were out of line. I would have deleted them too had I seen them first.

Calling someone a "donkoid" is an attack on a member in my book.

Making a donation to the forum gives you no special treatment. It's up to you wether you want to leave or stay, but if you stay, keep your posts within the rules we've set for the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom