Garrett Ace 150 owners's successful finds???

coinMD64

Elite Member
Hello fellow MDers, I was supposed to go to a local city's oldest park today with fellow forum members earlier this morning. The local forum member informed me a hour before they could start MDing the park that it was cancelled because of rain. I hate rainy weather!!! Anyway,I would like to know any successful finds that was made by the Garrett Ace 150 MD owners. I tried to MD with my Garrett Ace 150 for silver coins without any success in past three months. This got me many clads and junk metals such like nails and bottlecaps and of course pulltabs. I already used my Garrett Propointer since Ace 150 dont have pinpointing feature. Thanks!

Hello fellow MDers, I was supposed to go to a local city's oldest park today with fellow forum members earlier this morning. The local forum member informed me a hour before they could start MDing the park that it was cancelled because of rain. I hate rainy weather!!! Anyway,I would like to know any successful finds that was made by the Garrett Ace 150 MD owners. I tried to MD with my Garrett Ace 150 for silver coins without any success in past three months. This got me many clads and junk metals such like nails and bottlecaps and of course pulltabs. I already used my Garrett Propointer since Ace 150 dont have pinpointing feature. Thanks!

I'd consider an upgrade...The ace 150 is VERY basic. It's a dig all, beep on everything machine. I have one and my best find is a clad quarter. Of course I haven't put much time on it yet either though. You'll find good stuff when you start visiting old sites. What state are you in?

I don't know about the 150, I have a 250 but I have yet to find any SILVER COINS, lot's of wheaties and plenty of modern clad. And I have a bunch of silver rings (23 so far) and other jewelry, so I know the 250 loves silver. One thing to remember, silver coins first have to be there before you can find them...

I'd consider an upgrade...The ace 150 is VERY basic. It's a dig all, beep on everything machine. I have one and my best find is a clad quarter. Of course I haven't put much time on it yet either though. You'll find good stuff when you start visiting old sites. What state are you in?

Hi Bonesquat, Yes I am thinking about upgrade to Garrett GTAX 550 or other well-known metal detector manfacturers such like White's or Minelab. Yup I knew that Ace 150 was basic starter metal detector. I lives in Michigan. I am planning to visit old sites to get much better finds. Thanks,James(coinMD64):)

the 150 will find silver, the secret is gettin your coil over it and diggin

There are actually quite a few members who own ACE 150s who have found goodies... and like dogpound said, the real secret is just getting your coil over it. The next thign it to know the limits of your machine, and sadly, you just wont get he depth or reliability of signal from the 150 that you will with higher end machines.

One member I can think of right away is Dusty Eagle. He made lots of great finds with the 150. I do believe he upgraded to the 250 at some point :yes:

The 150 is a good starter machine.I had one and found loads with it,,mostly coins.More of a coinshooter than anything else i think.But as i said,its a starter machine and you will want to upgrade quite quickly as it is basic

Back
Top Bottom