going to the beach, on vacation

No leave it home after you dig your target dump the scoop on the wet sand and kick it with your foot and hopefully you will see the color of gold when you kick. Good Luck....

There is no ned for a pinpointer on the beach to my thoughts. As the others said, a good scoop will do fine. Sand is that easy to dig.

Good Luck & HH

Where's that beach Vito? I guess you rent those little yellow thingys??!?

Hello Ron.

It's at the North Sea and yes, you can rent those Strandkorb. They're very comfy and will protect from sun and wind.
Wikipedia-link --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strandkorb

The village is called Duhnen, suburbia of Cuxhaven.
The coordinates for Google Earth are
53°53'7.85"N 8°38'29.54"E
Just copy and paste them to google earth and then hit search and you'll fly by there. (virtual ;):D )

Thanks for asking. Have a nice weekend.

No pinpointer. Just a good sand scoop. When I find a target I scoop till it doesn't show up in the hole. Then I know it must be in the scoop. Then I will spread the contents of the scoop across about a 1 foot area. Then scan that till I get the signal again. Then you can usually move the sand with your foot and see your target. Good luck and have fun. I'll be waiting to see what you find.

I don't use a pinpointer at the beach=just scoop more sand if you find out that you don't have the target in the scoop when you sweep the hole to find out rather its in the scoop of still on the beach.

There are those beach tents all over Clearwater Beach in St. Petersburg Florida. Stacked up like cordwood all in a row and about 6' of space between each one. When i went down to Fla in May i think there was other pirates that cleaned up the beach before me=detected for about 3 hours with the bigfoot on the DFX and only found about 30 coins and 1 ear ring and covered a large amount of sand.

After we got to the beach we found out that we forgot the water scoop at my inlaws place so my son didn't get to take the excalibur for a swim=Maybe that is where all the loot was?

Last edited:
I would add this....

When you use the sand scoop.... if you have a rope loop on the handle, drag it along the sand behind you..... it makes for a great trail, so you can map your track backs....

Michael

I would add this....

When you use the sand scoop.... if you have a rope loop on the handle, drag it along the sand behind you..... it makes for a great trail, so you can map your track backs....

Michael

Welcome Michael!...and good point, that is what I do, but I just drag mine. Helps me keep track of my "grid" when in the sand.

Lots of pirates...
Early birds get the worm...

Keep the coil down low and walk slow.
Watch the crowds and remember the towel lines.

Some hit it hard, some lose interest with all the foil and tabs.
Nobody can get it all, and anything can be anywhere, have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom