UPDATE: Huge Day - 110 silvers, Day Two - 29 silver

If you like silver, now's the time to get it because it's been in a big downtrend for three years now, and collectors are dumping -

That bulldog on Barber's cheek is cool - wonder if it's engraved, or a stamp?

A major haul to say the least ..... and a well deserved congrats to you! The biggest challenge most of us ever have to making this kind of killer haul is that bank employee who sees a roll come in that looks old .... and either buys it or calls a buddy and says .... ' I have something you might want.' Best inside info I ever got from one of my bank contacts was a solid roll of 40%'ers. Just shows it pays to be nice .... and I might keep the tellers at this branch even happier because if someone brought in these ... they might have more!

That is the kind of day that makes people like me want to take their hordes of rolled clad and cash them in for a couple boxes of CRH opportunities!!

Amazing finds Sir.

Good luck on the next ones!!

Pawaide

you are one lucky son of a gun. two barbers to boot!?! :jawdrop: The Newfoundland coin is sweet too. Gosh i'm jealous. Phenomenal job my friend :)

About a year ago I ordered a box of halves from my bank and was excited to see some older beatup rolls. End result - all clad. 1000 coins and all clad. Took some back and spending the rest. The look of bewilderment on the faces of kids in the fast food driveup windows is priceless. Still, I would much rather have had some silver.

Congrats on your coin rolling findings. Awesome.

The thing that I never understood about CRH is that how do the bank tellers not just look inside a roll when they get turned in. Dimes, quarters, I can see but how often do rolls of halves even come in? But back to your score that is just awesome. I love that Newfoundland half. I'm always wanting to do crh, but just feel weird going in to the bank asking for $1000 worth of coins.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The best CRH KT has ever heard of...must harken back to the late 60s when folks were still cashing in rolls for plain bills....

Royal Congrats on hitting a true TREASURE CHEST OF SILVER....almost as good as Pirate's Gold! :dingding::dingding::jawdrop::jawdrop::heartylaugh::heartylaugh:

i knew ud love that 1 !!:p:p:p

i knew ud love that 1 !!:p:p:p

OH what is not to love! KT is equally happy when someone else gets some goodies as when He does! :lol::lol:

And for other's information, tellers in general don't pay any attention to rolled coins...they are a nuisance....Tellers are not usually collectors and any one coin is just the same as any other so far as most are concerned...Most KT has observed working do not have time to sit around and piddle through their coins! :lol::lol:

KT now has one teller on the look out for lots of Ike dollars that come in...He is to take them and notify KT....His Majesty told him if they ever get batches like that of oddities, like Ikes....just call and He will take them off their hands.

Nothing special about Ikes, but if you get a lot of them, then there might be some 40% proofs in the batch! That's what KT wants...

BTW, if you think kids look at ya weird when you give out half dollars....try Ikes! :laughing::laughing:

I wasn't sure if I was going to post this but here's what happened....

I got a box from the bank and found the jackpot. There were 5 rolls that were clearly very old and each of them were full of silver. i couldn't beleive it and had to stop to collect myself when I realized what just happened.

48 - 90%, 11 Bens, 2 Walkers, the rest '64 Kens.
62 - 40%

Total of 110 silvers from the first 10 rolls I opened. The rest of the box looks like newer rolls so I will finish those today but in the spirit of transparency I wanted to share.[/QUOTE

Wow you did great. It will be hard to repeat that for sure.

So do you just ask your bank if they have old coins or old boxes of coins you can order? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just normally make deposits and get change for the week. Never heard of this. Thanks so much for answering!

Depending on your bank/credit union they can order boxes of coins from the fed/regional company vault for you. Or you can just go in and ask what they have in house. Different denominations have boxes with different values; I.e. Cents come in $25 boxes, nickels in $100 boxes, etc. there are 50 rolls in a box. There are different opinions on if you want customer wrapped rolls (CWR) or machine wrapped rolls (MWR).

So do you just ask your bank if they have old coins or old boxes of coins you can order? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just normally make deposits and get change for the week. Never heard of this. Thanks so much for answering!

No, I just ask if they have rany rolls of "50 cent pieces". Someone on the forum said it is bad for to ask the tellers to sort through them to ask for specific looking rolls.

Back
Top Bottom