• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Truck bed rigs for detecting

TheCoilist

Elite Member
I am looking for a neat way to haul my shovels and metal detectors around in the truck. I don't like the idea of having them in the back seat where the kids are. Definitely don't want them banging around in the bed without having been strapped down somehow.

Anyone done anything like this?? Pictures would be awesome

I don't have a pickup truck myself, but MrNovice has a very good idea, I did a search for other possible storage ideas, your budget obviously is a factor on what method you might choose, but here are some pics I found online to give you additional ideas. (of course detectors / shovels might fit where the rifles are in some of the pics)
truckbed1.jpgtruckbed2.jpg
truckbed3.jpgtruckbed4.jpg
truckstorage1.jpgtruckstorage2.jpg
truckstorage3.jpg

I like the drawers but I definitely need something that's removable for larger payloads too. Yeah, I was thinking the wooden gun rack thing originally. That's what I have seen, but I don't have a solid way to mount it to the truck itself to keep it from sliding and bouncing itself. May have to get creative!

Thanks!

I like the drawers but I definitely need something that's removable for larger payloads too. Yeah, I was thinking the wooden gun rack thing originally. That's what I have seen, but I don't have a solid way to mount it to the truck itself to keep it from sliding and bouncing itself. May have to get creative!

Thanks!

Maybe attached powerful (plastic coated so it don't scratch the paint) magnets to several spots on the wooden gun rack to keep it from sliding around on the truck bed ? That way it would be easily removable, unless you wanted a more permanent attachment method. But I'm not sure if it would keep it from sliding if it had a lot of weight and you made sharp turns or hit a pothole.
(not really sure, but I don't think the magnets would affect the detector's electronics, but verify that just in case)

I have a hardshell bed cover on my truck; don't know how I ever lived without one! So nice not worrying about dirt from finds and detectors!

I've just got one of those thick rubber mats, in the bed of my Tacoma. I lay my detector(s) down on the side, and if traveling some distance, I may put a bungee, or a tie down to them, mainly in case of an unexpected stop. Otherwise, the detectors are the last thing I'm going to be worried about.....

Wow love those drawers in the first picture, but I would bet for the price of something like that a person probably could buy a dedicated hunting vehicle. Say an early 2000 suv, take the back seat out put in some foam rubber, cut out the outline of your detectors, and gear. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom