How do you run your Etrac or any other detector

I am wondering just what coils these folks are using that often hunt in Manual?

I do know Coils make a huge difference.

Your post got me wondering and I made a Video. https://www.facebook.com/RieselPolice/videos/1812207052401485/ In short your findings are right on.

I would like to comment on this thread.

Recently I have been thinking of this....

Couple weeks ago I did a simple air test.

Oh boy another air test.

Auto+3 gave me a silver dime at 4.5 -5 inches
just changing to manual same silver dime 6-6.5 inches.

Running in Auto and missing deeper targets in my opinion is a fact.

So my thought is get the biggest ideal coil (15x18 SEF) comes to mind and still run in Auto+3 and by having the bigger coil will make up for any loss in depth.

I know you can run in manual higher sens, with the bigger coil, but wouldnt it be nice to run in auto+3 and still pick up a silver at 10" every now and then?
DD

Here is a picture of a hole I dug today that had a Wheat at the bottom. This is a Mars Pinpointer so it is longer than a Carrot. I am pretty sure this was a full 8" with a Coiltek 10X5 coil. This place is running me nuts with Crushed Screw Caps.

See Edit below

Well I may have to edit that 8". I took the time and measured my Mars Pinpointer and it is actually 10" long.

It's amazing the depth even a smaller coil can get if the soil isn't really bad,that's a hell of a deep coin!

This reply is for you guys who run Manual. When you run a high Manual Sensitivity is it normal to lose your Threshold completely?

You can lose threshold completely in Auto, depends on the sight, that is when you switch to a small coil or run as much sensitivity as the sight will allow. I have had sights so loaded with iron no matter what you do it is hard to not null out. That is when I run the deus

Using etrac,,,explorer,,CTX,,,no real shortcuts to getting to the deep stuff.

You wanta run a quiet(er) machine,,,fine,,,but you are missing some deep finds.

Trade offs when it comes to detecting.

just gotta get out there and pound sites,,,looking for the good stuff.

Does concentration suffer when running warmer or hot?? You bet

But practice will make your good concentration periods last longer.

Minelab etrac,,,in some sites,,,you don't really swing coil,,,more like coil wiggles,,very short coil movements.

Good thing they do provide tone (hints of good targets) with so little coil movement.

If it's iron that's the problem,running in Ferrous sounds is the thing to do,with a wide open screen,no disc. Why? The audio is ALWAYS working,NO nulling. The background is a constant drumbeat of iron,and the non-Ferrous comes through brilliantly.

If it's iron that's the problem,running in Ferrous sounds is the thing to do,with a wide open screen,no disc. Why? The audio is ALWAYS working,NO nulling. The background is a constant drumbeat of iron,and the non-Ferrous comes through brilliantly.

I don't think it is iron. I think it is picking up the ground, I can back off on Sensitivity and it run normal. For me the Etrac does not freak out beeping when I get too high it just goes silent every time i move my coil. I am thinking I am just over powering it. I understand nulling and i don't think this is nulling on trash.

I've run ML's for years. I rarely if ever use AUTO sens because it absolutely kills my depth capability. I normally run 28 manual.

I've said the same,Etrac or explorer running auto sens is nowhere near depth from manual sensativity..And I'm not talking a half inch either,I'm talking inches...

I know a lot of people say this or that is in this book written by so and so,,but I know my real world experience with the Etrac and explorers,and Id never run auto.

Back
Top Bottom