• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fun gold with the CZ-21

Caribbeanson

Forum Supporter
Took a day off from the Equinox to break out the CZ-21 for some water hunting. Conditions were pretty good with calm seas and some new rocks exposed underwater.

I actually had a good time with the simpler operation of the CZ. No screen to tempt me, no tiny pieces of aluminum to chase, only a little falsing in the moving water and a few hot rocks. Of course I could've missed a nice no pendant chain but it was still enjoyable.

Did pretty well, some junk, mostly big junk, then I got the cool fish medallion only about 3 inches down, the class ring as you can see has been there a while, and was much deeper. Figured I'd get some older coins but mostly just quarters and dimes, still better than pennies :)

I thought the bottles were pretty cool and could've been old at first, but now I think they are just glorified modern glass :) Looks like a tiny wine bottle and possibly a nail polish bottle :laughing:

Thought that key in the bottom middle was pretty interesting as well, I enjoy finding old keys for some reason, might make a framed display with all the old ones I have one day.
everything (2).jpg

The fish is unmarked and is light for its size but I'm pretty sure its gold, but I'm leaning towards it being hollow on the inside. I still like it a lot :)
goodies (2).jpg

Think this old girl might have been in the sand from 1988 :laughing: Found the initials on it, will try return once I find an old year book.
class ring (2).jpg

Thought the "what's it" might be interesting but was just a metal block with a hole in the middle, guessing it was part of a mounting bracket or something.
whatsit (2).jpg

Looks like a nice days hunt. It's good to go back to the machines you have been used to. I was in SC a couple of weeks ago and took my 3030 instead of the Nox 800. Killed it and enjoyed dusting off old faithful.

Sweet! I agree! Its nice to switch back and forth between a new rig and an 'old' one...it seems to recalibrate a guys ears or something...Akin to doing a 'Factory Reset' on a guys brain in the signal processing dept?...Helps a guy learn the new rigs language/capabilities since you already understand the old ones so well...Its helpful...Nice Finds!..

:dingding: Nice on those 2 golds with antiquated technology! :lol: I've been waiting for my 'Nox to come back to me from my buddy re-doing an issue with headphones. He's had it for a month but unfortunately for me his wife had a baby in between. :roll:

Very nice. I miss my poor CZ's. All hibernating in my closet till spring. Congrats on the gold and being able to have fun.

Thanks, yea good to know she's still purring after sitting in the corner while Noxy had all the fun :)

Looks like a nice days hunt. It's good to go back to the machines you have been used to. I was in SC a couple of weeks ago and took my 3030 instead of the Nox 800. Killed it and enjoyed dusting off old faithful.

Thanks, yea it was a good time :)

Sweet! I agree! Its nice to switch back and forth between a new rig and an 'old' one...it seems to recalibrate a guys ears or something...Akin to doing a 'Factory Reset' on a guys brain in the signal processing dept?...Helps a guy learn the new rigs language/capabilities since you already understand the old ones so well...Its helpful...Nice Finds!..
Thanks, yea you might be on to something :)

:dingding: Nice on those 2 golds with antiquated technology! :lol: I've been waiting for my 'Nox to come back to me from my buddy re-doing an issue with headphones. He's had it for a month but unfortunately for me his wife had a baby in between. :roll:
Thanks Felix, lol antiquated :laughing: Hope you get your Nox back in time for the stronger cold fronts.

Decent ring but I really like the fish pendant, very cool!
Thanks, yea, the fish was a nice surprise. At least its a keeper. :D Returning rings feels good, until you run into annoying logistical issues in getting the ring back to them :yes:

Very nice finds.

Congrats on the golds! I like your key framing display idea too.
Thanks, don't really want to display the goodies so keys make for a good alternative and if no one else likes them, I will, and that's more important to me :)

Congrats on some sweet finds! Another idea for your keys - a windchime! Cool memories and annoy your neighbors all at once! :laughing:

I am feeling really old because that's the year I graduated from high school. There are days my body feels as old as the ring looks!

Congratulations on the class ring and good luck with the return - hope it turns out well. Interesting bunch of nasty trash there. You're doing a good service to get that stuff out of the water!

Back
Top Bottom