Incredible silver find! One of my best ever! :D Carson City mint!

Bonesquat

Elite Member

I was driving back from Huntsville up to middle TN where I live now, and decided to take only country highways all the way back. It would take an extra hour or so, but I spotted this old abandoned run down house with a humungous yard. It was about 25 outside with a little freezing rain.
I hunted a while in the front and found a few wheats near some old trees. I also found some clad and matchbox cars etc. The normal kind of stuff you find in yards.

My goal was to find any silver and then bail, because it was ice cold out and my fingers were really starting to sting.

I went to back to wheat area and swung the E-trac wide and fast to try to nab any easy targets and cover more ground more quickly since it wasn't junky at all.

12-43....11-43, high tone, 3 or so inches. That signal had been producing clad or copper pennies or wheats...So I dug it and here's the results! Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 1219160714b-1_resized.jpg
    1219160714b-1_resized.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,793
  • 1219160715-1_resized.jpg
    1219160715-1_resized.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 4,787
Dang, that's a one in a million find for sure, its beautiful!
You have some impressive close up photography skills too.
Merry Christmas!

That coins in great shape. Nice find!

I found a little Sterling St. Chris medal today that was squealing at 11/12- 42. Thought I had a wheatie there for a minute.I always dig those numbers too.

Super job seeing the cold you had, way to hang in there!

Question though, what is or are "WHEATS" and "BAIL?

Wheats are 'wheatback pennies'. The kind with wheat on the back, made from 1909-1958. Bail just means to get out of there. Like, when it's time to leave, you bail, you make haste to go.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It was a fun day for sure.

Jeez looks like someone dropped it right after it was minted. that's a strong AU coin and you did a great job cleaning it up. It may straight grade if there's no visible hairlines.

BEAUTIFUL!
That thing has so much detail, it looks counterfeit.
I mean, you never see them dug like that...

Back
Top Bottom