• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

All Metal Mode vs Discrimination mode

I dig everything unless in a very trashy area, then I use discrimination mode.

Beach .. definitely all metal. Especially after storms and king tides.

I typically discriminate iron because I get signals for it EVERYWHERE. Should I be digging these?

For that I would say you really gotta base it on the personal situation. Depends alot on What your hunting for, where your hunting and what your finding.

Like if your looking for relics in old places, you should probably dig most of the iron signals, but in somewhat newer areas iron signals will probably turn out to be junk.

Now if your at a decent spot thats giving up some nice stuff, its probably best just to dig some annoying iron signals just to get em outta the way. You may find an iron item could be masking something good close to it.

I guess just a little trial and error and see what your pulling

-Kyle

I hunt all metals with the disc. at "0". I judge the target on the VDI numeric indicator.
I need to go deep:D

I use All Metal Mode (no discrimination) when goldfields/beach hunting. I use a little discrimination when water detecting.;)

It really depends on where i'm hunting. In a wide open field the detector will be in all metal but just about everywhere else the will be at least a little discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom