CTX hunt

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well after 1000 hours i was bound to break something on the Nox. Water was rough and the rocks were large..... so i guess somewhere along the line those coil ears just said enough. I didnt notice it until after the hunt thou. So today i grabbed the CTX. Little road trip .... and thought about bring two detectors. I have to say..... ive been spoiled i guess because that machine kicked my butt. Man that thing is painful to swing..... seriously does feel like you are dragging an old shirt on the bottom of it thru the water. Met a couple of other hunters both had the Nox so that didnt look good. I was just the guy who got the coil over it today. Coins and targets were a plenty........ well until the tide came in then just like fishen ....... it all stopped nothing..... nada.

Heres my prizes....... 2 14K total 6.8 grams and a 10K aqua stone 1.4 grams. Was hoping for the big daddy ..... but seems life just wants to throw me a few light bones lately. Ive been digging the heck out of nickels recently...... i know ive gotten well over 40 in the past few days...... and these rings ...... sounded just like nickels..... enough that i just stopped listening to the high tones.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 520
Nice Dew... whatever works :D I want to see you buy a Trident Viper and then report your hunt to us. :lol:

:dingding:Nice Dew!!! Way to kick buttocks out there!

I’m old Craig.....big ole heavy machine digging deep targets wears on me after 7 hours or so. I think I’ll pass also on digging in your rocks buddy

Dang man, you are killing it,,,,,no what you mean on the nickels,,,,,,yesterday I dug more nickels than any other coins,,,,,,lots of targets,,,just no 3 day golds for me,,,,,:laughing:congrats,,,,keep pulling them up,,,,I have noticed with my new coil I am getting wicked deep,,,,I swear I dug nickels at 14" in the wet sand,,,,GL HH

Tim........ dont you be digging all my gold now. You're a retired pirate .... working for the establishment like a young guy.:laughing: Good start so far. By the way..... im breaking stuff again..... cuff now a coil ear. You need to sell me your SunSpot scoop before it rusts away........ ive got an ole aluminum RTG in trade.:lol:

I’m old Craig.....big ole heavy machine digging deep targets wears on me after 7 hours or so. I think I’ll pass also on digging in your rocks buddy

Stop with the excuses... you got me by 3 years big deal... Cupajo is in his mid-70's still hunting with a pulse digging in the rock fields of CT

Maybe its true FL weakens a man :laughing: Could also explain why Felix likes wearing what he does hunting... :D

6”.....OMG....that’s a lot of beach and coil overlap. Craig I’m like 30 years younger than the people driving here...I live in wrinklewood. :lol: I’m a stud muffin on the beach....I don’t have to play dress up.

great looking rings dew congrats broken ears on coil is that covered under minelab warranty ? curious is all :D

Very nice Dew. Congrats on the goods....:yes:(Can't wait to see you guy's. Will be firming up dates in the next week or so. Looking to get a new scoop before coming down. My all stainless RTG, is just getting too heavy to lug around. Please PM me your thought's. Thanks....Curt)

way to go dewey, very nice rings i'm ready to start heading to the beach after that note sounds like g sharp geeeeeee for gold.

great looking rings dew congrats broken ears on coil is that covered under minelab warranty ? curious is all :D

ML is fixing EVERYTHING on the Nox...... even stupid mistakes like driving over it like one guy did. Doing it fast too...... got it to them on Monday.... shipped that same day to me on both the cuff and coil. Id assume just as fast with the main box..... nothing really to fix. 3 years warranty ... i can break a lot of stuff in 3 years. I like the way ML has changed their image.....hopefully they will continue to listen to us.

Mike..... its really hit or miss. Got these then the next day NOTHING to be found. Catching wind and waves at really low tides has created a hard pan and around me pushed up all the sand against the beach. BUT...... we do have people.

Back
Top Bottom