New Detector Coming Soon

Patents are not a secret - submitting an application for a patent makes it a public document. Approval isn’t normally something you would wait for if you are sure your patent application is valid and non-infringing. Your application alone gives you priority and protection.

With this guy’s name or the patent number, you can easily find the application or award.

https://patents.justia.com

Most of the whites detectors I've seen all have a patent pending stamp or sticker on it. A patent can take several years to become valid... the technology might be useless by the time it does

First it was the DFX, then the Etrac. The T2 and G2. The Deux, the Pro and Pro Max and others. Now the Nox. Everyone is always ready to get rid of what they have for something new which will probably be outdated by the time you get it. I feel that taking the time to learn what you have will do as well as spending more money on something new.

First it was the DFX, then the Etrac. The T2 and G2. The Deux, the Pro and Pro Max and others. Now the Nox. Everyone is always ready to get rid of what they have for something new which will probably be outdated by the time you get it. I feel that taking the time to learn what you have will do as well as spending more money on something new.

I agree. I'm done buying detectors, very satisfied with what I have.:yes:

The train is still in the station. I've got a couple hours using this and it is the real deal. It's very close to being available. I doubt if it will ever be mass produced. I would think more like the Troy Shadow X market was. Who knows the future though? I could be very mistaken about production numbers. I do know it is not for new users or 'beep and dig' fans. It is the deepest detector, with discrimination, I've ever handled and I have 3 Excals, 2 TDIs and an Equinox 800. It was made for the beach but is transferable to mineralized soil inland. I expect to get a chance to use one more next week.

With out my glasses I keep reading "patents" as "parents" lol. Makes for some non-sensical reading.

Anyway, sounds pretty cool. Not that I need another machine but a convincing product will definitely sway my sensibilities.

A lot of that will depend on the price point....is it going to be a 2000 dollar detector, or 700?

Nasa-Tom says it will be lower than the MSRP of the CTX.....and around $1600 if they do not market it. So...$1600 is the low figure.

Even with Tom's name involved...I think it's a tough sell outside of his dedicated forum members.

* Very specifically targets TWO INTENTS:
1. Wet-Salt
2. Bad Mineralization
This is to say...….. it does NOT target mega-trashy areas...… does NOT target carpets of nails.

If it can't handle carpets of nails or heavy trash...it's not going to sell well outside of salt users on his forum. Word of mouth (like this thread) will help obviously, but I can't see it ripping $1600+ out of many peoples wallet when Minelabs next CTX...or Fishers Manta....is right around the corner.

That being said...it could be a game changer that obsoletes everything...right?

HunterGT and Seabee Ron are correct in what they said. I don't know how well it will do in a trashy site, but most likely nothing special there. It significantly out performed my Excal II, CTX and Equinox 800 in wet salt. How many worshipers at the alter of depth would eagerly drop a couple grand to have the depth king detector that produces like this? Anyway, it promises to pay for itself very quickly! Performance wise, it competes with the high end Minelab PIs and they are several times the price and they are PIs with virtually no discrimination. It also weights LESS than 3 pounds (great ergonomics), all carbon fiber shaft and easily swapped (20 to 40 hour) battery (2 for $15 on Amazon). Marketing is in house for now, but who knows what the future will bring? I understand it is through R&D, in production and will be available VERY soon.

That being said...it could be a game changer that obsoletes everything...right?

iu

Back
Top Bottom