Question about a used detector

Malone77

I found a used X-Terra 705 online without a warranty and it has been registered. I can get it for about $200. Would this be a wise move, or should I find another used one with a warranty? Thanks.

Jump on it quick! It won't last long at that price.
If I had access to it, it would be gone already.

FWIW, if it's still within it's warranty period the warranty can be transferred.

For that price I might get it, if nothing else if you don't like it you could always sale it & maybe make a few bucks...

For that price I might get it, if nothing else if you don't like it you could always sale it & maybe make a few bucks...
He could pretty easily double his investment.
OR....he could take the money that he saved and buy all the coils that he might ever want/need.

Either way, I wouldn't let it pass.

Sight unseen, doesn't sound like a bad deal. Have you tested it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The guy is selling it online and I have not tested it. Says it's in working condition. I really want an X-Terra 705 and don't want my hopes dashed if it turns out to be malfunctioning or something. No warranty.

If there isn't one in the listing have him send you some pictures with the unit turned on showing the display & if possible a piece of paper next to it with todays date..
Good luck...

The guy is selling it online and I have not tested it. Says it's in working condition. I really want an X-Terra 705 and don't want my hopes dashed if it turns out to be malfunctioning or something. No warranty.
Seriously, if it was non-funtional, you could about part it out and get your money back. I'd take the gamble. And if you can get a "NO-DOA" guarentee fron the seller, I'd have it on it's way pronto.

if it sounds too good to be true, use caution. If it's from an active forum member, I'd do it. But if its on the bay, I wouldn't.

if it sounds too good to be true, use caution. If it's from an active forum member, I'd do it. But if its on the bay, I wouldn't.

Ebay's buyer protection is pretty darn good. I have absolutely no qualms buying from ebay.

Ebay's buyer protection is pretty darn good. I have absolutely no qualms buying from ebay.

I agree.. 45 days protection, no matter what the return policy is for the seller.
If it says its working, and it doesn't, then ebay will cover it.

But if his listing says "not working", then you can't complain if it doesn't work.

I would have bought it already without even posting the question on here:yes:

Back
Top Bottom