Do you rate the AT Max as a deep unit?

This is one of the best I have ever seen on any forum on how the Deus crowd is all spun out of control/hurt their feelings.... keep it up TN and Cala.. This is so entertaining... its so much fun... LOL LOL LOL

Gary from Oregon

that's it. deus is my new go to underwater machine. that thing does it all. :laughing:

Atmax, deus, true measurements, equinox.... let get a pot going on where this thread goes next!:laughing:
My guess is it’s gonna turn to a minelab is better then Garrett thread next..

(Like how I seeded that spin off:lol:)

Atmax, deus, true measurements, equinox.... let get a pot going on where this thread goes next!:laughing:
My guess is it’s gonna turn to a minelab is better then Garrett thread next..

(Like how I seeded that spin off:lol:)

OKM beats all in depth. SO who's buying the OKM EXP 4500 ?

Another thread successfully converted to a Deus discussion. :roll:

As I’m sure has been mentioned at some point, the Deus retails at fully double the cost of a Max, yes? Just putting that reminder out there. I’m just a noob, but I’m frankly bemused that these two detectors keep getting compared.

What I fully expect and look forward to are straight up comparisons between the Max and the Equinox once released, covering all areas including depth under various conditions. To me that will be both a meaningful and a fair match up - at least they’re in the same ballpark on price. Just my observation and opinion - not intended to upset anyone, or even inspire a response.

Garrett AT series has been compared to all high end machines since it was launched a decade ago.Theres a reason its still being compared to high end units:laughing:
You'll always get guys who think this or that is better than a Garrett because it cost so much more.Not so,Dollar for dollar and the amount of machines sold by Garrett speaks volumes.

Now,pay close attention here folks.Seems like France isn't about those funny looking hats,paint brushes and females not shaving they're pits anymore.No sir. Those rascals found a way to sneak in the backdoor and radicalized a few of our good ole boys.
Seems like the French have made a metal detector to end all others ,,,...Sorry,that's minelab that made that claim,not the French.But brainwashing isn't beyond how low those thin mustached devil's will go either.
This thread is under high alert,keep your ear to the ground cause big things are coming.Rumors have it of a invisible coil upgrade in the future,of course still totally wireless.Rumor also has it someone at xp Deus research and development set down the invisible coil prototype and no one can seem to find it,, production will likely be delayed.:laughing:
When I hear more I will keep you informed.For now,just keep a close eye on your rig,it could become obsolete and disappear with all the rumors and radicalized comments floating around.

Last edited:
Brainwashing, Good point:grin: I own a deus and have for a long time now, I will be the first to say there has been a lot of brain washing going on. Not saying at certain things is isn't great, separating it is second to none as of now. But in the big picture it is highly overrated IMO as I feel there a lot of machines that do other things to make hunting better that can increase the good finds on a long days hunt.

I go on hunts with people regularly and it is amazing how at the end of the day that the folks with other machines do just as good if not better as the mighty deus users. I will and always have said it is most important that folks get over the target first and foremost. I think people forget this.

People need to find a machine they enjoy, If they do that they will more than likely find more than they ever would running a machine they hate no matter how good someone told them it is. I Know a lot of folks on here will understand what I am talking about. You know when you get that machine that you just click with and you enjoy running it vs the machine you just can't stand. For every person that can be a different machine..

Calabash Digger loves his Deus...no doubt about that. However, he makes spectacular finds with it on a pretty regular basis. He also makes very good points in his videos and posts.

Calling a button that rare just a "piece of metal" shows how oblivious (or jealous) some guys can be in this hobby. Speaks volumes about them.

Every digger I know would be THRILLED to have found that. It is a once in a lifetime find. To discredit it in such a fashion is just proving how ridiculously petty some people can be.

You don't like his voice? You don't like his videos? You call him a hillbilly?

Yet he still doesn't bite and keeps it strictly metal detecting. As long as I have seen him post on multiple forums....he has NEVER named called or taken the bait when somebody decides to be unkind towards him on a personal level. He always keeps it metal detecting and refuses to stoop to their level.

He is a class act and one hell of a detectorist. A credit to this hobby as far as I am concerned.

Well now,
We have a forum here that DOES have lots of subforums.

If all a person wants to do is look at finds, they have a few subforums to look at.

If a person wants to know more about detectors,,they have this subforum.

How will a person ever know what is best for them if no 2 detectors or more are ever talked about or compared in a single thread.

My, my, just because a person or group of folks finds as much or more with one model or more vs another model detector doesn't mean one detector is better or as good as the other.

Folks want to spend their hard earned loot on a detector of their choosing.

So they can read here in this subforum and make up their own minds.

I certainly am not going to attack anyone for their opinion of a detector they want to talk about they infact USE.

I don't think we have seen nothing yet.

The mighty Equinox is coming, then what?

Brainwashing??

I am not telling folks to buy any model period.

I just share my results based on what I have seen.

Not all detectors are created equal.
Pretty much common sense here.

Some models will be liked by some folks better.

Is cost sometimes a reason?
Sure

The entire industry if folks notice is going through changes.

We have manufacturers selling detectors in the USA folks hadn't even heard of, not that long ago either.

As long as the buyer is satisfied is all that matters.

Just remember one thing here.
Another manufacturer can come out with an attractive good/great detector.
What could doing this do?

Could it cause other manufacturers to up their game.
So eventually a person not even using the say " better" detector at the time could be later on if another good/great model materializes.

Whether folks want to believe this or not.

Garrett changed the detecting world as we know it with AT series models.

XP changed the detecting world as we know it with Deus.

And it looks like Minelab learned from Garrett and XP is going to change the detecting world as we know it with Equinox.

Yes very very very deep. Deeper than anything I've used in Ohio soil. 11 inch nickels with good signal. With my etrac or f75ltd I'd find deep stuff on occasion but the max does it every time out. Yes it can be frustrating digging 14 inches for a 12ga shell casing. The haters say this and that but this IS that deep.

Wow that is deep! We find the Max much deeper since the TX power is increased on it. All metal helps to!

Well now,
We have a forum here that DOES have lots of subforums.

If all a person wants to do is look at finds, they have a few subforums to look at.

If a person wants to know more about detectors,,they have this subforum.

How will a person ever know what is best for them if no 2 detectors or more are ever talked about or compared in a single thread.

My, my, just because a person or group of folks finds as much or more with one model or more vs another model detector doesn't mean one detector is better or as good as the other.

Folks want to spend their hard earned loot on a detector of their choosing.

So they can read here in this subforum and make up their own minds.

I certainly am not going to attack anyone for their opinion of a detector they want to talk about they infact USE.

I don't think we have seen nothing yet.

The mighty Equinox is coming, then what?

Brainwashing??

I am not telling folks to buy any model period.

I just share my results based on what I have seen.

Not all detectors are created equal.
Pretty much common sense here.

Some models will be liked by some folks better.

Is cost sometimes a reason?
Sure

The entire industry if folks notice is going through changes.

We have manufacturers selling detectors in the USA folks hadn't even heard of, not that long ago either.

As long as the buyer is satisfied is all that matters.

Just remember one thing here.
Another manufacturer can come out with an attractive good/great detector.
What could doing this do?

Could it cause other manufacturers to up their game.
So eventually a person not even using the say " better" detector at the time could be later on if another good/great model materializes.

Whether folks want to believe this or not.

Garrett changed the detecting world as we know it with AT series models.

XP changed the detecting world as we know it with Deus.

And it looks like Minelab learned from Garrett and XP is going to change the detecting world as we know it with Equinox.
Yeah! Go Minelab Equinox!:cheer:

Airtest are fun but don’t prove much.I have a Eurotek Pro that will airtest a nickel at 9 and a dime at nine,easily on both.And I’ll be the first to say that machine don’t stand a chance in hell of hitting a nine inch coin in the wild.

Not disagreeing with what you have posted but i have used a couple of these in New Zealand & have dug several copper pennies at the full length of a GPP (9") or slightly deeper - Also pulled a silver threepence at around 7 - 8"

I have found them to be very good considering their price - ;)

Not disagreeing with what you have posted but i have used a couple of these in New Zealand & have dug several copper pennies at the full length of a GPP (9") or slightly deeper - Also pulled a silver threepence at around 7 - 8"

I have found them to be very good considering their price - ;)

C'mon man, that's easy when you're detecting upside down.

Back
Top Bottom