1760 Colonial Half Penny

Nice find Jak! I am in the same boat with wom27, most old coppers are toasty here too. Every now and then I find a good one but I think yours is better considering age. Congrats!

Hi Wom27, I hunt nearby in Chester County. 98% of the coppers we find are toasted as well. I know we have very acidic soil, bet you do to.

OP, fantastic find, can't believe the detail. Big congrats.

Thanks flyguy! I know what you mean about acidic soil...with this one, the fine dry dirt pressed into it is what I think has keep it alive.

Nice find Jak! I am in the same boat with wom27, most old coppers are toasty here too. Every now and then I find a good one but I think yours is better considering age. Congrats!

Thanks remmy! I am still amazed on this lucky find. I think I will leave it alone and not clean it, at lease for now. I think any type of liquid will have an adverse effect on it.

Thanks remmy! I am still amazed on this lucky find. I think I will leave it alone and not clean it, at lease for now. I think any type of liquid will have an adverse effect on it.

I agree with your liquid theory. I never wet the old coppers once they dry unless they are so bad I must tumble them to see any clue of what they are. Sometimes even that does mot work as I currently have 11 that are just smooth disks.

Back
Top Bottom